You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Can any sidequests be completed after getting Megid?

User Info: The Masked Mage

The Masked Mage
1 month ago#1
I'm wondering how OP you can be for these.
Laissez les bons temps rouler.

User Info: danzibr

danzibr
1 month ago#2
I guess you could save all the Adventurers Guild quests until after you get Megid.

User Info: c_s_tadsen

c_s_tadsen
1 month ago#3
Don't you have to do The Silver Soldier before Megid is available? My understanding is that the cut-off to do that quest is your first trip to Rykros, and unless I'm missing something you can't get Megid before that without a cheat device...
<(0.0<) <(0.0)^ ^(0.0)^ ^(0.0)> (>0.0)>==============O
"Kirby... Ka... Me... Ha... Me... HAAAAA!!!!!!"

User Info: stha guy

stha guy
1 month ago#4
Yeah, you have to do Silver Soldier before getting Elsydeon. Also, I don't think you can do the The Ranch Owner quest that late either, since the village is wiped out.

So I guess that just leaves Fissure of Fear and Man With A Twist of the quests that have you fight anything.

danzibr
1 month ago#5
Ah right, the ranch, that makes sense.

Huh, had no clue about The Silver Soldier. I always did it as soon as it was available just 'cause.

User Info: FreshFeeling

FreshFeeling
1 month ago#6
You actually don’t have to complete the Silver Soldier before Elsydeon... but you do have to start it before Elsydeon to open Vahal Fort.

Along the same lines, you have to open the Platesystem before beating Zio, but you can get Phonon much later, even at endgame. Not sure whether you can officially finish that quest (such as it is) later or not.
The feral chocobo calls with a boisterous "wark," not the domestic breed's mild "kweh."
https://twitter.com/RetroFreshTV

User Info: Elrick75

Elrick75
1 month ago#7
FreshFeeling posted...
You actually don’t have to complete the Silver Soldier before Elsydeon... but you do have to start it before Elsydeon to open Vahal Fort.

Along the same lines, you have to open the Platesystem before beating Zio, but you can get Phonon much later, even at endgame. Not sure whether you can officially finish that quest (such as it is) later or not.

And by start I think you actually have to enter the fort, not just accept the quest
My top 10: Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force II, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Monster Rancher, FFVI, FE:A, ToG f, Tactics Ogre:LUCT, Breath of Fire II

danzibr
1 month ago#8
Oh yeah! I remember one time I left Phonon in the chest, went back to try to get it with Wren, he said it was incompatible or something.

User Info: alysbrangwin

alysbrangwin
4 weeks ago#9
Yeah, you can go back with Demi after you select her for your final party, but you only get 1 shot of phonon. It's a real waste if you miss it the first time since that's the only special weapon Demi can get.
Sevillista hasta la muerte
Everything is mutable.

User Info: Elrick75

Elrick75
4 weeks ago#10
alysbrangwin posted...
Yeah, you can go back with Demi after you select her for your final party, but you only get 1 shot of phonon. It's a real waste if you miss it the first time since that's the only special weapon Demi can get.

I may be remembering wrong but can't you level her up once and she gets the proper number of uses?
My top 10: Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force II, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Monster Rancher, FFVI, FE:A, ToG f, Tactics Ogre:LUCT, Breath of Fire II
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Can any sidequests be completed after getting Megid?