• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. I'm doing my first playthrough in over 5 years!

User Info: The Masked Mage

The Masked Mage
3 months ago#1
And it feels really good to be back in this game.
Laissez les bons temps rouler.

User Info: danzibr

danzibr
3 months ago#2
Nice!

I recently played it for the first time in... 10+ years? Hard to say.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
2 months ago#3
I still have a save where I power leveled all the initial 5 characters to see how they perform in high levels. I need to get back to this game tho. Though, this time around, I'd rather do the game with some challenge, so I probably won't pick up that save file.

It would be neat to have fun with grinding, but have an option to reset the levels for those of us that do enjoy some difficulty.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: mrcos87

mrcos87
2 months ago#4
Awesome to see others still enjoying this amazing game.

I was just playing this the other day. Considering doing a marathon of II/III/IV over Xmas vacation.

IV is a damn masterpiece though, have fun!
Desperately clinging to the golden age of JRPGs...
[Proud father of three] PC.BC.CC.

User Info: PhantomBlacStar

PhantomBlacStar
1 month ago#5
I recently playing this again on me Switch. Sega Genesis Classics.

And recently bought SEGA AGES: Phantasy Star 1.

Last time i played PS 1,2 and 3 is on the GameBoy Advance,

PS 3 again and 4 on the PSP Sega Collection , till me PSP died and Game lost.

---

Was gonna buy it digitally on PSN so i can replay it on PSVita , but the Sega Mega Collection (I think it's called) is taken off of PSN, think i heard Sega demanded the game off of PSN?

Very cool to play all of em again.
Me name is Phantom_Black_Star. It's PhantomBlacStar cause I couldn't fit me whole Da** name in lol.

User Info: danzibr

danzibr
1 month ago#6
Oh huh, SEGA AGES is the, uhh, upgrade?

I was delighted when I heard they intended to remaster 1-4, but then they stopped with 2 :(

User Info: PhantomBlacStar

PhantomBlacStar
1 month ago#7
danzibr posted...

I was delighted when I heard they intended to remaster 1-4, but then they stopped with 2 :(

On the Switch eShop , it Litterly called SEGA AGES Phantasy Star, but it's the old game.

They got others Sega Games (on their own game, not part of Collection games) , called SEGA AGES.

Like "SEGA AGES Sonic the Hedgehog" and "SEGA AGES Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar".

but they just the old games , not new.
Me name is Phantom_Black_Star. It's PhantomBlacStar cause I couldn't fit me whole Da** name in lol.

User Info: Elrick75

Elrick75
1 month ago#8
PhantomBlacStar posted...
danzibr posted...

On the Switch eShop , it Litterly called SEGA AGES Phantasy Star, but it's the old game.

They got others Sega Games (on their own game, not part of Collection games) , called SEGA AGES.

Like "SEGA AGES Sonic the Hedgehog" and "SEGA AGES Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar".

but they just the old games , not new.

The Phantasy Star 1 sega ages does have some upgrades like a built in map showing where you have been in the dungeon but it's not the full remake they did for psp in Japan, no.
My top 10: Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force II, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Monster Rancher, FFVI, FE:A, ToG f, Tactics Ogre:LUCT, Breath of Fire II

User Info: Ninjamohawk

Ninjamohawk
1 month ago#9
I'm just getting to this now on Genesis collection for Switch. First I played ps1 via the Sega ages release on the platform then I went through 2 and slogged through 3 (wish I hadn't bothered) and now I'm at Nervus in 4.

Having marathoned them I can appreciate 4 so much more now. It was always my favorite of the series though, minus the music in which I think 2 is far and away the best. Gotta love that prog rock over world theme :)

User Info: looked

looked
1 month ago#10
danzibr posted...

The problem is that they use Sega Ages name every time they rerelease these games, so it causes confusion. I’m pretty sure this post is referring the PlayStation 2 Sega Ages games. There supposed to be remakes of Phantasy Star 1, 2 and 4, that were supposed be released in the US as Phantasy Star Trilogy. But the remake of 4 never happened and Phantasy Star Trilogy was quitely cancelled.

Most others here are referring to the switch game when they say the Sega Ages version, but it’s not really accurate as there are at least 3 other Sega Ages Phantasy Star 1 games.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. I'm doing my first playthrough in over 5 years!
  • Topic Archived