• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SatoruMasamune

SatoruMasamune
4 months ago#1
I recently picked up PS4 on Steam, because I am absolutely the man who needs to own four copies of this game. I played through to the end, and something leapt out at me. Long time regulars of this board may know my opinions about the Garuberk Tower dungeon (I do not like it), but going through it this time was... different.

I repeatedly had encounters with 4 Radhins back to back to back to back in the Garuberk Tower. Like, for a solid hour, it was nothing but 4 Radhins, over and over. That never happened in the original cart version, the rom, or the Genesis Collection version on Playstation 2.

Does anyone know if the Steam version of PS4 has been altered in any way from the originals? I've been playing this game for 20 years and I've never had this hard a time climbing that damn tower.
"These words don't come easily to me for some reason, but I'm inclined to agree with the ninja's advice." ~ Joe

User Info: Elrick75

Elrick75
4 months ago#2
I suspect it was just weird RNG because I doubt they put in any effort to change the game for a steam version. I could be wrong though.
My top 10: Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force II, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Monster Rancher, FFVI, FE:A, ToG f, Tactics Ogre:LUCT, Breath of Fire II

User Info: FreshFeeling

FreshFeeling
4 months ago#3
Sega has a demonstrated propensity for losing the source code for even their most mainstream games, so I could they could make significant changes if they wanted to. There were minor patches on the Wii version, but you’re not going to see a version of this game with a bonus dungeon (for example) unless they did a full remake.
The feral chocobo calls with a boisterous "wark," not the domestic breed's mild "kweh."
https://twitter.com/RetroFreshTV
  • Topic Archived