Is there an easier way to beat Xe-a-thouls as normal enemies?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Is there an easier way to beat Xe-a-thouls as normal enemies?

User Info: Raph136

Raph136
1 month ago#1
I’m having trouble beating them as normal enemies near the end of the game. I tried using Seals on them to disable their magic attacks, but they still hit hard at times. This is the first time I’m playing through the game.
Lloyd Irving: I don't think everything has to be forgiven. But no matter how painful things may be, you can't dwell on the past.

User Info: Blast-Beat-Pete

Blast-Beat-Pete
1 month ago#2
Have you already tried Negatis & Explode? Cannot remember if it worked against them.

Otherwise:
Wren: First turn barrier, afterwards attack
Rika: First turn deban, afterwards attack/disruption/dbl-slash
Chaz: Rayblade
Rune: Efess

Raph136
1 month ago#3
I haven’t tried Negatis or Explode. I’ll try out your suggestions later. Thanks.
Lloyd Irving: I don't think everything has to be forgiven. But no matter how painful things may be, you can't dwell on the past.

User Info: Blast-Beat-Pete

Blast-Beat-Pete
4 weeks ago#4
Raph136 posted...
I haven’t tried Negatis or Explode. I’ll try out your suggestions later. Thanks.

And could you finally beat them?

Raph136
4 weeks ago#5
Funnily enough, Blast-Beat-Pete posted...
Raph136 posted...

And could you finally beat them?

Funnily enough, I finished the game a few days ago and never encountered them again. I'll try out your suggestions the next time I go back to the game.

User Info: ASAC_Schrader

ASAC_Schrader
3 weeks ago#6
Honestly, I usually just ran from those battles.
http://tinyurl.com/pwyhrgx

User Info: CAvenger

CAvenger
4 days ago#7
I'm pretty sure as normal enemies they should be susceptible to Rika's Silver Tusk and Chaz's Elsydeon insta-kill abilities on normal attacks. Other than that Grand Cross. As long as you kill just one of them, they can't use that triple attack. The strategy to defeating them is normal attacks!
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: NeoElfboy

NeoElfboy
4 days ago#8
Negatis works on pretty much all randoms; it's the special class of instant death that ignores creature type. I want to say Prophallus is immune and that's it.

Explode and Crash also work similarly but they're singletarget (also Explode is notably less accurate and you probably aren't using Gryz).
The RPG Duelling League: www.rpgdl.com
An unparalleled source for RPG information and discussion
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Is there an easier way to beat Xe-a-thouls as normal enemies?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.