Has there been any word of a remake?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Has there been any word of a remake?

User Info: Hewbo

Hewbo
9 months ago#1
With all the FF remakes over the last decade, why hasn't Sega done any for the PS series? I know the fan base isn't as large but I would think it would sell. I'd love an hd remaster.
"Never give up. Trust your instincts"- James McCloud
3DS FC - 2723-9981-5787

User Info: Elrick75

Elrick75
9 months ago#2
Sega isn't very good to their IPs.
My top 10: Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force II, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Monster Rancher, FFVI, FE:A, ToG f, Tactics Ogre:LUCT, Breath of Fire II

Hewbo
9 months ago#3
Was this the last true rpg Sega made? I loved PSO on Dreamcast and the remakes on GameCube but those are obviously completely different. The rest of the series since has all been action rpg. I did just see that they are releasing PSO 2 on the Switch next year in Japan, though which might make me buy 1...
3DS FC - 2723-9981-5787

User Info: Elrick75

Elrick75
9 months ago#4
I think Skies of Arcadia is the only rpg they have done since.
My top 10: Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force II, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Monster Rancher, FFVI, FE:A, ToG f, Tactics Ogre:LUCT, Breath of Fire II

User Info: FreshFeeling

FreshFeeling
9 months ago#5
There were 6th gen (PS2) remakes of Phantasy Star 1 & 2 in the Sega Ages line, which weren't localized. Fan translations are available. You can find some info about them on this site with a quick search.

At the time, a PS4 remake was said to be in planning and then, if I recall correctly, the studio or team that was producing those remakes went under. Nothin' since.
The feral chocobo calls with a boisterous "wark," not the domestic breed's mild "kweh."
https://twitter.com/RetroFreshTV

Hewbo
9 months ago#6
I noticed those Sega Ages when I searched for all the different games since 4. They were 14 years ago at this point and right around the time Sega did the collection on gba which for whatever reason, didn't have PS4. I was surprised to see that there was a game released for the Vita and the previously mentioned PSO2 Switch release in Japan. They haven't completely forgotten about the IP yet so maybe there's hope.
3DS FC - 2723-9981-5787
(message deleted)

User Info: Smokey_187

Smokey_187
9 months ago#8
A remake would be astounding.
Life's an oragmi box and I'm hidden within the fold.

User Info: domine_dragon

domine_dragon
8 months ago#9
I would love to have a remake of this game

User Info: looked

looked
8 months ago#10
FreshFeeling posted...
There were 6th gen (PS2) remakes of Phantasy Star 1 & 2 in the Sega Ages line, which weren't localized. Fan translations are available. You can find some info about them on this site with a quick search.

At the time, a PS4 remake was said to be in planning and then, if I recall correctly, the studio or team that was producing those remakes went under. Nothin' since.

Conspiracy games announced they would be bringing over 1,2, and 4, but then they quietly went under. Gamefaqs never removed the message board for that game though it still exists.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/924306-sega-ages-phantasy-star-trilogy

Sega ages did end up releasing a Phantasy Star Collections, but it was all ports of the original games with optional enhancements like the Saturn collection. No remakes.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Has there been any word of a remake?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived