Would a Party Select guide and level up table interest anyone?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Would a Party Select guide and level up table interest anyone?

User Info: etony33

etony33
10 months ago#1
It'd be pretty unusual to write any sort of a guide for a game that is almost 25 years old, but I find myself interested in messing around with some different things in the Party Select hack, including trying to put together a coherent strategy for each individual solo run.

A lot (if not most) of this strategy comes from ladyabaxa's blog about her solo runs, and she absolutely deserves a ton of credit. I have tweaked her strategy in some areas. As far as I know, there's nothing out there that goes into level up data for characters in the Party Select hack who ordinary do not begin at level 1 (though everyone begins at level 1 in the PS hack). I am thus going through the ROM looking for it (i.e. experience points required for each level, stat gains, learning new skills/techniques, etc). I would be more than happy to release this data when I finish compiling it.

The walkthrough would very much be a work in progress, as the only character I've done from start to finish is Raja. This will take a long time to write, which is why I'm seeing whether people would be interested in this sort of thing before I go ahead and do it.

User Info: teflon

teflon
10 months ago#2
That would be interesting to me.
"Japanman is a nice name."-PsykopijonSnowball3
Secret Board Hunter

etony33
10 months ago#3
I may make a couple minor adjustments to the hack for the purposes of the guide.

One example: Gryz starts out at level 1 with a few TP, but knows no techniques. He learns Brose at level 3, but doesn't have enough TP to use it until level 4.

Also, the Blood Axe and Spiral Slasher are changed to the CRMC-AX and SHOTGUN respectively in order to give Gryz and the androids a starting weapon that isn't overpowered. There's another NOTHING piece of equipment (my theory is that it was supposed to be the RYKR-RING before they realized that if one fifth character had it equipped, then you switched them out, there would only be four rings taken into The Edge, creating a plot hole. Anyway, I may change this into an android armor.

etony33
9 months ago#4
I'm trying to figure out the exact right strategy for Rune solo vs PD. Being at level 99 would help, but I did it at 93.

I'm leaning toward using five Efess charges against the first form, switching to Legeon, using up every Legeon charge, which will put the second form 1-2 Nawats (or Tandles) away from transforming, then using the remaining Efess charges against the third form. It'll take a couple Nawats/Tandles to finish her off.

When to heal and when to risk not healing is the bigger question. Taking risks against the first form is probably the best option, because you can just try again without having wasted much time.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Would a Party Select guide and level up table interest anyone?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived