Which character would have the most difficult solo run? (Possible spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Which character would have the most difficult solo run? (Possible spoilers)

User Info: etony33

etony33
8 months ago#31
Hahn is only fragile by comparison. Alys starts off at a higher level, Chaz/Gryz/Alys can wear heavy armor, Rika has a ton of agility, and Rune is at a far higher level than anyone else during the short time he and Hahn are both there.

Hahn also has very good endgame equipment.

User Info: Flamey

Flamey
8 months ago#32
Neat stuff.
Hamsters: Sandwich meat of the future.

User Info: Blast-Beat-Pete

Blast-Beat-Pete
8 months ago#33
etony33 posted...
Hahn is only fragile by comparison. Alys starts off at a higher level, Chaz/Gryz/Alys can wear heavy armor, Rika has a ton of agility, and Rune is at a far higher level than anyone else during the short time he and Hahn are both there.

Hahn also has very good endgame equipment.

Yeah, the malay stuff is pretty good. When I use him he usually tanks the PD in the lead position (equipped with the PLSM-Field).

etony33 posted...
In regards to Alys, I haven't done a solo run with her, but I am guessing it would be moderately difficult. She's inferior to Kyra because she doesn't learn healing techs.

But on the other side she has higher damage output and can use heavy equipment, so would'nt need less healing overall?

etony33
8 months ago#34
No, having healing techs would definitely be superior due to inventory limits.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
8 months ago#35
That's true.
This game goes along with DW 1 and 2 as being the worst on inventory space.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

etony33
8 months ago#36
Ever play EarthBound? Or EarthBound Zero? The inventory limits in those games are downright brutal. You probably wouldn't even notice the limits in PS4 outside of a solo run.

There are a couple different ways you can handle the inventory limits in a solo run, one of which is far more difficult than the other one (which means you have to keep all the mandatory stuff like Elsydeon and the Rings in your inventory). I haven't been crazy enough to try that, and I instead just give that stuff to characters who I'm not using.

Either way, you're left with five mandatory items (Land Rover, Ice Digger, Hydrofoil, Aeroprism, and Rykros Ring). Beyond that, you'll almost certainly need at least one of the Swift Helm, Power Shield, and Mahlay Shield (for buffs). That doesn't leave a whole lot of room for Sol Dew, and if you can't use Res techniques, you'll most certainly need to take risks (not healing when Shadow Breath/PD1 and Megid/PD3 would kill you). It's not easy with ANY character, but being able to heal is so, so helpful.

etony33
8 months ago#37
Wanna know something else that you wouldn't usually notice? Paralysis. If you have one character, and they're paralyzed...game over. Vahal Fort is usually the best place to grind, but it's just not worth it with some characters because of Life Deleter (Raja is better off grinding on Rykros or The Edge, since St. Fire will do more than 1 damage there, and Holyword works as well).

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
7 months ago#38
Haven't played it, but I always remember an old friend laughing because he thought it was funny that when he had to make room in his inventory, the text would say: "Insert character name" abandoned the picnic lunch.

If I recall, this was a type of recovery item.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

etony33
7 months ago#39
Picnic lunch? There are two games I can think of with that as an item, neither of which are Phantasy Star IV (they are Lunar: The Silver Star and EarthBound, in case you were wondering)
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Which character would have the most difficult solo run? (Possible spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived