What would happen if you defeat the Profound Darkness before it transforms?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. What would happen if you defeat the Profound Darkness before it transforms?

User Info: Gavin_the_Angel

Gavin_the_Angel
1 year ago#1
If you know a bit about Phantasy Star IV, you'd find out that when you defeat the first two forms of the Profound Darkness, you don't outright "defeat" them. Basically, their HP becomes halved, and they transform until the third and final phase.

But this is something I've wondered about it... what would happen if the Profound Darkness, on the first or second form, had their HP drop to 0 before they could transform...?

This is quite impossible in the usual game. But if you edited the Profound Darkness' first or second form to have their HP incredibly low so that they'd die in one hit, what would happen then?

Would it skip onto the next form as per usual? Would it skip onto the next form before you could attack? Would the game freeze? Or would the ending proceed?

I doubt there's a graphic for the first two forms of the Profound Darkness dying like how the third form does, so I'd say a game crash is the most likely option.

Has anyone tried this or is willing to try this? If so, please tell me what happened, and try to provide screenshots if possible. You can also comment your thoughts on the topic.

Thanks for reading!

User Info: Gavin_the_Angel

Gavin_the_Angel
1 year ago#2
I've managed to use Game Codes to make the PD1's HP drop to 0 (it was the 999 damage code, but I managed to pull through).

The attack animation is a little glitched. The wavy space background is still shown, and the PD1 dies like how Dark Forces die. They fade into black and red, but unlike PD3, there are none of those pillars of light.

It was really cool to see it.

User Info: noidentity

noidentity
1 year ago#3
Wow this is really good trivia about the game. You should submit it!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1318223517
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. What would happen if you defeat the Profound Darkness before it transforms?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived