Level hacking

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: KevinReconAlpha

KevinReconAlpha
11 months ago#1
Howdy. There's something I'd like to be able to do, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet. I'd let to set level caps below 99 for each of the characters. Unfortunately, trying to modify the experience values to pull this off in an indirect way doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

User Info: men_dvz

men_dvz
11 months ago#2
What I would do is add to the initial char stats 2 bytes with the maximum level that char can get (look at InitialCharStats: label)

Then, you use that bytes in a conditional branch, that you could add where the game check if your actual level < 99.
Instead, it should compare with the char_max_level you defined before.
IIRC, it's in loc_3F4C:

men_dvz
11 months ago#3
There should be another way to do it without adding data to the code.

For example, making the chars you want to edit start a higher level, then, when the game show the level on screen, make it show the level they should be. A fake level.

E.g., if we want to make Chaz cap at level 5, we have to make him start at lvl 95, and modify the lvl table to adjust the experience values (and all of the stats)

Then, you have to make every window that displays the lvl to show this:

level to show = 1 + (real lvl - starting lvl)

This method has the problem that you must edit the tables everytime you change the cap.
In the first method, if you do it right, you only have to change a constant.

men_dvz
11 months ago#4
This is the result of the first method: it works.

Here, Chaz level cap is 1 and Hahn 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C50_rPypLFo

User Info: KevinReconAlpha

KevinReconAlpha
11 months ago#5
Interesting. I'll give this a try.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived