Destrocray

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FreshFeeling

FreshFeeling
1 year ago#1
So a lot of dummy/unused stuff in this game is kind of common knowledge. This stuff is discussed in some of the docs on this site, you can find more on TCRF (https://tcrf.net/Phantasy_Star_IV:_The_End_of_the_Millennium).
There are a few unused items (map, Blood Axe, Spiral Slasher, something ring-like), some enemies that were removed outside of Japan (Acacia/Shadmirage), an attack used by those enemies (Star Dust), and of course the famous Feeve.

Just recently, Scootaloo on Fringes of Algo brought up the enemy ability called Destrocray. Well, not really recently; it was March. That's recent in Phantasy Star fansite time.
Here's the thread: http://www.psalgo.com/boards/view-post96066.html#p96066
Scootaloo actually references my data dump docs and I never realized this attack was completely unused, but indeed it is. No idea why it was removed or who it was intended for. My best guess would be DF2. It would take some hacking and experimentation to learn more.
The feral chocobo calls with a boisterous "wark," not the domestic breed's mild "kweh."

User Info: Elrick75

Elrick75
1 year ago#2
interesting
My top 10: Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force II, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Monster Rancher, FFVI, FE:A, ToG f, Tactics Ogre:LUCT, Breath of Fire II

User Info: Adrastia

Adrastia
1 year ago#3
I've never seen it used either. I had no idea that it existed.
The gate to tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness of the depths of the earth...... - Vincent FF7

User Info: FD3S

FD3S
1 year ago#4
Man, it's awesome that new things are being learned about PSIV even now. Didn't know that Kyra had better versions of Hewn and Tandle till now, either!
It's not a dream. FD3S is real!
www.sloganizer.com

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived