You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Frequently Asked Questions - Read here before asking.

User Info: SatoruMasamune

SatoruMasamune
9 years ago#11
Nicely done, dood. A couple of small things that can be fixed in later versions, as pointed out by Fresh, but as a whole, it's very conclusive.

We should get this stickied.
www.varisangel.net ~ SMITE YOU WITH THUNDERBOLTS!!
Resident Ninja of the FF7SB

User Info: retro_reset

retro_reset
9 years ago#12
Very nice! A game as popular as this one needed this and it needs to always be on the board. Sticky request submitted.
It was called the "Master System" for a reason.

User Info: trenzer1

trenzer1
9 years ago#13
Thanks everyone. I have to say it took a bit. But I did it mainly because I got sick and tired of random question topics. Mostly because many of them were the same questions over and over again. I will say that I have already requested this to be a sticky as well. So only time will tell if it will or not be stickied.
"War ends when business can't reap a profit" - Some random $20 bill I recieved from the bank.

trenzer1
9 years ago#14
Bump. We can't let this die!
"War ends when business can't reap a profit" - Some random $20 bill I recieved from the bank.

SatoruMasamune
9 years ago#15
Wren: *bumps into topic* Error. Main cameras offline. Repairing... *blinks* Main cameras repaired.

SatoruMasamune
9 years ago#16
Huzzah! This topic is now sticky'd!

trenzer1
9 years ago#17
Hurrah! I would also like to note that this is the first topic in my time on GameFaqs that has been stickied! But yeah, I'm also happy because I worked somewhat hard on that. And to think, in the future, it will be even bigger and better.

User Info: Hewbo

Hewbo
9 years ago#18
I'm new to this game and I just wanted to say that this is REALLY helpful because of the techs and skills lists. Thank you. *bookmarking in phone*
"Never give up. Trust your instincts"- James McClould

trenzer1
9 years ago#19
You're welcome. It's because of this that I made this. Have fun with the game and I hope you enjoy the game.
"War ends when business can't reap a profit" - Some random $20 bill I received from the bank.

trenzer1
9 years ago#20
Well, I decided that, for easier new versions in the future, I am going to start logging all question topics (which for the most part shouldn't exist >_< oh well.) in this topic. It may or may not take a bit because I have to go back and look at all the topics for any questions that have been archived, and all the non-archived topics. I also may miss some right now because I have to leave in half an hour for work.

Also, if anyone else wishes to add something to this FAQ, please feel free to.

===========================

Should I make this my first Phantasy Star game?
PSIV is considered the easiest in the original series. It has better graphics, likable characters, manga-styled cutscenes, and a great story to wrap up the original series. PSIV is also considered the most recommended to new comers to the series.

Is there any way to find out how many hours/minutes I've been playing?
No there is not. There are ways to find out approximately how far in the game you are, but not how long you have been playing.

SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection/Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection worth for Phantasy Star alone?
Well, in my opinion yes. Because it is the only collection to have ALL four Phantasy Star games (You unlock PSI by beating Dr.Robotnik with two players in Sonic 2.) Not only do you get all four Phantasy Star games, but you also get 45 other games. To top it off, when PSIV first came out, it sold for around $100, while the Ultimate collection sells for around $30-$50.

Is the level 99 glitch in virtual console version?
Yes it is. In future ports of PSIV, it will more than likely still remain.

Why does the Shadow Blade sell for 1 Meseta?
It lowers your stats a lot and is inferior to the Laser Sword when fighting mechanical enemies. However, it does have a good chance to perform insta-death attacks so it isn't all that bad. But there may have also been another problem that happened, such as there may have been a problem in the programming.

Is it possible to kill Profound Darkness before it transforms?
In theory it is possible. However, I believe that it just isn't probable. Take a look here for more information on this topic:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=563334&topic=46078899

=======================
Well, I gotta go. Hopefully I got the rest of the questions that are floating around.
"War ends when business can't reap a profit" - Some random $20 bill I received from the bank.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Frequently Asked Questions - Read here before asking.