• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Contra: Hard Corps
  3. Rrrrrgh so flippin' RAD!!

User Info: silenthillish

silenthillish
5 years ago#21
i'm playing Challenge Mode on Contra 4 right now, trying to unlock Sheena.

I was plowing through them, so i figured i'd give normal mode another go- and died before reaching the first boss.

****ing Contra.
revolution action!

User Info: Nafzger

Nafzger
5 years ago#22
This is by far the best Contra. Contra III is so overrated, and I consider myself a Nintendo fanboy. There's just some things that Sega does that Nintendon't, and one of those is Contra. Hard Corps is absolutely ridiculous. Memorable characters, awesome music, fast gameplay. It's truly a bullethell game, more than any previous Contra.
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher

User Info: T_Tangg

T_Tangg
5 years ago#23
Just making sure everyone knows this is the best contra game to date. Especially the Japanese version.

I own all the contra games so my opinion has weight.
NNID: T_Tang PSN: T_Tang GT: Retr016bit
Vita: AsKsQsJsTs 3DS: 0387-9826-5126

silenthillish
5 years ago#24
Health bars are for...

i dunno, Japanese people!?

I'll stick to game genie, the jp version is too expensive!
revolution action!

silenthillish
5 years ago#25
Uprising upsets me.

It's kinda cool, but it shouldn't have the name 'Hard Corps' attached to it- cause it's just nowhere even close to as freaky mad crazy crescent fresh hoppin skanky badass as C:HC.

There will never be another game quite like Contra: Hard Corps!
revolution action!

silenthillish
5 years ago#26
lastjustice posted...
I've gone thru this game multiple times as all characters and paths. I love how much replay value the game has.

I made a topic with tons of info awhile back about this game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563317-contra-hard-corps/52501065

Just wanted to add this-

I saw your topic while skimming through this board a while back- very nice!

everyone make sure to check it out!
revolution action!

User Info: BrianCraigSmith

BrianCraigSmith
5 years ago#27
I own all the contra games so my opinion has weight

Showoff. I agree with you though; its definitely the most memorable. Especially the music. And I never did unlock Sheena yet in Contra 4; won't keep trying though.
PSN: Handsomistic1

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
5 years ago#28
T_Tangg posted...
Just making sure everyone knows this is the best contra game to date. Especially the Japanese version.

Japan isn't manly enough to handle a proper Contra experience, so they get wussy health bars.

Seriously, the health bar defeats the whole point of Contra in general. And HC isn't even the hardest one of the series, not with all the tools they give you (multiple characters, wide variety of weapons, the invincible slide) to counterbalance it. You take a hit, you deserve to get docked a life for the screw-up.

User Info: T_Tangg

T_Tangg
5 years ago#29
Konami intentionally made it harder for Americans on purpose. They are known to do this with other games also like the simpsons arcade and x-men arcade. They wanted us to suffer and waste quarters. I believe it's somewhat racist.

This game doesn't use tokens but that didn't stop them to still annoy us a little. The japanese programmed the game but if you want to pretend it makes you manlier or whatever then more power to you. Just stating the facts.
NNID: T_Tang PSN: T_Tang GT: Retr016bit
Vita: AsKsQsJsTs 3DS: 0387-9826-5126

User Info: BrianCraigSmith

BrianCraigSmith
5 years ago#30
T_Tangg posted...
Konami intentionally made it harder for Americans on purpose. They are known to do this with other games also like the simpsons arcade and x-men arcade. They wanted us to suffer and waste quarters.

LOL. I remember wasting quarters like crazy on Mr. Burns in a Simpsons Arcade. I don't know about being racist or not, but it's more or less a cultural difference.
PSN: Handsomistic1
  1. Boards
  2. Contra: Hard Corps
  3. Rrrrrgh so flippin' RAD!!
  • Topic Archived