• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Contra: Hard Corps
  3. Wow, I wish this board was alive.

User Info: kwarantine

kwarantine
9 years ago#1
---This game is awesome and we should discuss it.
GT: Menace 117 PSN: Menace117
Nancy Zerg cheated

kwarantine
9 years ago#2
Bump.
Nancy Zerg cheated

kwarantine
9 years ago#3
Ray
Nancy Zerg cheated

kwarantine
9 years ago#4
Sheena
Nancy Zerg cheated

kwarantine
9 years ago#5
Fang
Nancy Zerg cheated

kwarantine
9 years ago#6
Browny
Nancy Zerg cheated

User Info: gearratio

gearratio
9 years ago#7
What if the default gun is the regular pea shooter (the machine gun would still be there as a powerup), there is no autofire and the bosses maintained their health? Would this game be unnecessarily difficult?

Stupid tire! Ya friggin' tire! You think you're better than me?! I'll kick your ass!
"spokesperson of Contra's fans, customers, and developers"

User Info: Lastjustice

Lastjustice
9 years ago#8
"What if the default gun is the regular pea shooter (the machine gun would still be there as a powerup), there is no autofire and the bosses maintained their health? Would this game be unnecessarily difficult?"

I'd prefer that they didn't change it back to the original 2 contra games set up. I know they brought that back for contra 4 on DS(though Contra:rebirth left it machine default and had 3 specials only, spread , homing and laser.), but I like the machine gun being the default weapon for Contra 3 and hard corp. All it did was force you to mash the fire button more, not particularly make the game really hard. Just more annoying.

Ultimately all special weapons are what really kills bosses in this game anyways. Wouldn't change much in the long haul. Other than boss fights with no weapons could really drag on if the bosses health remained the same or the shot damage of the default rifle was not higher for the much slower rate of fire. But as a rule you tend to die more the more you die in these games since Contra (and old school castlevania) are momentum games. The less you die the less deaths you will have if you can keep your special weapons. The right weapon can flatten a boss in secs. Though if you know how to dodge all bosses patterns you can survive thru anythnig they toss at you anyways.
Never made it as a wise man, couldnt cut it as a poor man stealing. -Nickelback

User Info: Lastjustice

Lastjustice
9 years ago#9
"What is the "true" ending? *spoilers*"

I'd venture to guess the ending where Bahamut escapes would be the canon ending. Having the villain able to return to fight another day far more likely. It allows for more sequels.(which The Colonel is a nice additional villain to have in the contra series besides the aliens being the threat for the majority of the games.) Granted Ray appeared again in Legacy of War. (which sucked for PS1.) They're talking about making another game with the Colonel as a playable character so I don't see them killing him off. I'd guess even if they did have the missile chase with the alien cell (path to save the research center then fight to the end.) as the canon he'd still be written as surviving the battle somehow.

The ending where the hard corps blows up with the space station definitely isn't the true ending since Ray survives the game. Hopefully there will be another hard corps game so we will get our answer.
Never made it as a wise man, couldnt cut it as a poor man stealing. -Nickelback

kwarantine
9 years ago#10
Well, the new game with Bahamut in it is supposed to be a prequel to this game, so he still could've died.
Nancy Zerg cheated
  1. Boards
  2. Contra: Hard Corps
  3. Wow, I wish this board was alive.
  • Topic Archived