• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Legend III
  3. Story question *spoilers*

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
1 month ago#11
I'm pretty sure you arrive in a Future before you're born (which means you arrive in a period before you're trained and sent back).
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
1 month ago#12
1) Jupiah is Arthur's father. The three kids are sent back by Borgin from a point in the timeline that's farther ahead from the Future that the player sees. An NPC even states that "Borgin came from a farther future of doom" or some such. However, Jupiah is just a brain for much of the game, so he'd have to be reconstituted at some point in order to have a kid before the game begins. This would have had to occur before the First Party left for Pureland in the Talon2, whereupon Jupiah is killed and his brain is put in the ship's computer/powersource/whatever. I suppose this does create some sort of time loop, but then Arthur & Co wouldn't have been sent back in the first place since once the Entity is destroyed, it vanishes from all 3 time periods (as implied in the ending). So it's kind of iffy.

2) It would seem that the Water Entity does indeed pour out directly from Pureland's ocean, hence the "hole" in that world that leads out through the Entity as seen in the ending sequence.

3) I'm 99.999% positive that the "Four Fiends" of this game are Dogra, Ashura, Chaos, and Maitreya.
This is my signature until I can think of a better one.

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
1 month ago#13
Actually, thinking more about it there is no *loop*

Arthur and Co hang out with Myron while the doctor works on building a time machine, so that they can go back to the Present era with Sharon once they're born.

So there'll be two sets of Arthur & Co in the Present and Future.
This is my signature until I can think of a better one.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Legend III
  3. Story question *spoilers*
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A