• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: RPGer800

RPGer800
2 years ago#1
I'm in the Dark Castle and I've used up my keys, now I can only go so far because the ways forward and backward are both leading to locked doors and i've already used up my keys.

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
2 years ago#2
IIRC in every dungeon that needs keys and/or mattocks, there are enemies that'll drop them (skeletons for keys, faceorbs for mattocks).
My NES, SNES, and GB all work just fine. Who cares about graphics when the gameplay is awesome?

User Info: RPGer800

RPGer800
2 years ago#3
I see, although in the area i'm at in the castle there doesn't appear to be either of those particular enemies. I guess I would have been screwed if I wasn't playing on an emulator, thankfully I was using save states and wasn't using my save file as frequently, I had it saved in a spot in the castle before I used up my keys and was able to progress. Thanks for the info though, it appears it is actually possible to get stuck in this game, I guess i'll need to make sure to bring extra keys/mattocks for future reference.

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
2 years ago#4
Given that you need limited-amount items to progress (or even to retreat back to resupply!), you ALWAYS want keys and mattocks.
My NES, SNES, and GB all work just fine. Who cares about graphics when the gameplay is awesome?

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
2 years ago#5
This game sometimes feels like it was like 94% quality-tested. This is one of those times.

But Skeletons and Blobs will randomly spawn if you circle around long enough. It's stupid, but it does technically mean you can un-jam yourself. (Easier to load up an earlier save though.)
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!
  • Topic Archived