• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Ghost Lion
  3. checking This One Out

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#51
Hi ladies and gents... I hope you're all having a super Tuesday in your neck of the world.
No problem my trekking mate, and yeah, sort'a recall Tuesdays are hectic for you.

funkadelius, I read your post last night IN RE Souls Blazer trilogy but thought I'd defer to a post from skater43 as he has a firmer grasp on techy stuff. If the candy store were to get back running I'd be more inclined to redo SB and Terra as we did complete them. As for IoG, it isn't working on either of the vehicles i was using. No idea why. It's the darnedest thing. I'll PM you about it.

Anyway, I have mapped out my path to the GL and am ready to fire up and do the prelim stuff. ska, let me know when you have done all the prelim you want to and are ready to take it on.

Enjoy your Tuesday guys and dolls. :)
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 years ago#52
Well, today was shaping up to be no big deal, but then computers got involved. :) Mom can certainly sympathize with you. Just spent the past couple of hours over at her place trying to get things reinstalled and recovered. And finding Outlook and Gmail apparently aren't speaking to one another. Should be real simple to set up an account in Outlook. Have the username/password, am looking at all the server addresses/ports/etc. so just type those in and good to go, right? Not today it seems. Maybe we'll mess with it later. Anyway, made it through the tunnel, got the Hope and used the Kleinjug. I'm currently kicking it just outside the White Pyramid (guessing we'll find a white room in there, probably with black curtains), so whenever you're ready to go from there, so am I. Band tonight pre usual, but am free now until then, and then afterwards. Also don't have anything planned for tomorrow until work in the evening, if that works better for you.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#53
Hey ska... sorry your mom's comp is being a spoiled brat. I'm sure in time you'll figure it out.

I am parked in front of the Ghost Lion. I'm all refreshed and ready to go... but you know me and Tuesdays. So after band if i'm not kissing my desk we can try knocking out the GL.

Have a great evening everyone! :)
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

skater43
3 years ago#54
Good news she's gotten most of the programs she cares about reloaded, though she'll have to re-enter her contacts and such. And while Outlook/Gmail are being stupid, she can check her email on her phone and such. But yeah, another of those "this should be so simple, why isn't it working?" things.

Anyway, I'll make my way through the Pyramid and shoot you a message when I get home tonight.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: funkadelius

funkadelius
3 years ago#55
It's cool that you two played through some of the SB games (I prefer Soul Blazer as well, Terra Earth is too redundant for me). I can see why you wouldn't want to play through them again so soon, especially since there's umpteen million games out there and so little time. While IoG is one of my favorite games, I feel the others were better designed overall, especially the final one.

Good luck with the last boss. You can do it!
Check out my Facebook page, RetroMaggedon: Classic Video Game Review!

skater43
3 years ago#56
Thanks for the encouragement, funk, this one has been conquered! I suspect G_T will be in later to give her thoughts (heck, she's prolly typing them out right now, too), but I'll throw out a couple of my thoughts. First off, let's hear it for luck on the last battle. Down to 13 health, no bread left, Lion down to about 75 health, 4 or 5 rounds I summon Moja and the Lion takes him out before Moja can attack. Finally Moja gets to go first and he misses! Two rounds later, though, Moja goes first and deals the final blow. Moja was my guy. I used Aurora first round, then just kept calling Moja and let him do most of the damage. Did attack myself with the whip a few times early in the battle, but after a while, I was just using bread every round to try to stay alive while Moja chipped away. Best strategy? Can't say that, but it worked for me. So I successful completed the game without calling any magic using/defensive spirits. Best defense is a good offense, right?

As for the story, well, it won't be winning a Pulitzer Prize, but I've seen worse. And at least there's some sort of a finale, a close to the story, rather than just "A Winner Is You!" The identity of the White Lion caught me by surprise, but as I was telling G_T, I started this a year ago, so don't remember how it started, so there were prolly some clues there that hinted to it's identity.

Overall, I enjoyed this game. Once again, I must thank G_T not only for trekking along with me, but also for encouraging me to finish another game I started and shelved. And thank you, funk, for tagging along and offering some advice and such along the way. I do agree that the menus in battle could be streamlined, but the spirits do give a little different twist to the usual party system. The hope/courage/dream thing was a little hokey, but it's easy to figure out that they correspond to level/HP/MP respectively, so that's not a big deal. Meanwhile, gamemaster712 and I are making our way through MegaMan Zero 3 for the GBA. He's on the last level, but I've still got a few to go. So that'll be the current focus, but we'll see what else G_T can dig up for us to go through.

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#57
Good Morning, how are you all doing? Great! Not about being so soon funk, but rather that I usually play a game and immediately run it again. So I have played them twice already. :) You say Terra Earth... did you play the Japanese version? Wasn't it "Terranigma" here?

Good news, we finally took down the Ghost Lion. Now about the ending. Well, I wasn't expecting it to be a dream but then if this came out around the time of Link's Awakening then it could be expected. And especially if it was after the dream year of "Dallas." I rather figured Twana would be the GL when he vanished. I think something in the dialogue was mentioned about an old man and the lion.

Anyway, the battle took me a few resets to get used to the sequence of fighters. And the walk I used was so incomplete as to this battle. It never mentioned using Rapier's Return spell. to protect Maria. So I had to do more than a couple of resets. A big CONGRATS and thank you to my trekking mate skater43 for talking me through the rough patch.

I have a save so can replay the battle like Groundhog's Day.

For me this game was a sleeper. It build to the end game. Otherwise the game is a melange of back and forth in the overworld. And you can easily loose your footing The boat is an auto so you need only to step into it once you pay, even the order is ladi out.

Music... never listened. Graphics... never noticed. Soooo that should speak volumes. Story: Charming. Characters. adequate. With some, their powers never matched them. How does a frog or slug have so much power, even though HUGE? Meh... The boss battles: As I said the games a sleeper. I just can't help but recall the first boss of Soul Blazer. You either knew the secret to beating it, or you gave up. With the LotGL bosses, mostly a matter of T & E got you the win. However, the title boss did present difficulty.

Replayability 3.5; Difficulty 4.5 (only because of the all too frequent enemy encounters and fight/flight difficulty) Overall 3.7. Give it a go and let us know.

Happy gaming! :)

User Info: funkadelius

funkadelius
3 years ago#58
G_T: To the best of my knowledge, Terra Earth is the unofficial(?) name given to the spiritual series that is composed of Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma.

I didn't think to tell you and Skater this, but some of the melee spirits can cover Maria and absorb damage for her if you set them to defend. It seems random though and you two were ok without it. Grats on only using Moja, Skate, I threw everything but the kitchen sink at GL haha.

I really want to play the Mega Man Zero games one day, but I'm trying to focus on NES, SNES, Genesis, and the SMS for now.

Let me know what you guys are moving on to, maybe I'll play along or just commiserate.
Check out my Facebook page, RetroMaggedon: Classic Video Game Review!

skater43
3 years ago#59
Because the games aren't labeled 1-3 or really have any common story elements, there's no real good name for the trilogy (Turbo the dog trilogy?). Terra Earth's as good a name as any.

Believe G_T said Centaur would cover her on occasion, but she was disappointed it was only for one round. Don't know if that would help on the Ghost Lion since he one shots the spirits and if it's defending, it's not attacking. Maybe, I don't know. Did think G_T's idea was pretty smart, but yeah, I just went with smacking him and taking my hits. And as I said, it did require some luck to beat him. Any of those last 5 or 6 rounds, had he attacked Maria, rather than Moja, I would have been dead.

I'd never played any of the GBA MegaMans before, so this was my jumping into the series. Enjoying it so far, though getting the hang of how the elves work and getting back into a sidescroller groove did take a while. Feel free to check out mine and gm's exploits over on the MM Zero 3 board. But I hear ya. So many great games out there, even on those few systems, without adding more. As for G_T and I, looks like we're going to resume Big Nose, though the lack of info available on that game may be a roadblock.

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#60
Hey ska and funk... what are you guys throwing back today? ... LOL, you've gotta love Porp Francis. His Eminence has "UGE" kanones. He's a keeper for sure. :)

You guys are educating me on vid games and I love that it via the oldies. Starting from the ground up is great. We played the 3 games in the set so I'll just take that.

Oh yeah, skater we need to play this game and do some disecting of it. You know, I think you missed out by doing only sword fighting. I was just in RPG Shrines looking over the Magics. Man... I had no idea Twana had such abilities. But we lose him early or midway and never get to use them I suppose. I don't recall seeing anything but sleep and bom and poison with him.

Why would the game get rid of the most powerful spirit midway the game. Anyway, Yeah, i'm going to start another run of the game and pay attention to what the allies can do, and the affect of their magic.

As for right now, I just sort of play lazy llama yesterday. I did post in the General Boards about something someone calle Hill. But otherwise I mostly laid back.

Later I fired up BNtC but had no idea what to buy at the shop. and I searched high and low online and found not one FAQs in re Items on that game. I did read within the walk that some items you may buy and will be absolutely useless. LOL...

by the time you reach the shops, the (3) shops, you will have only 17 Bones if you manage to collect them all. The most expensive thing (a Life) is 15 Bones. And nothing is 1 or 2 Bones. I don't want to T & E this. And the game doesn't allow for grinding as I recall. I think the scene closes behind your progress.

Anyway, I did recon some games for play next but saw nothing really to my liking. now, skater, I know I've said this before but if you'd like to choose a game. I'll give it an honest go. Even a party game. Just not a game with a bazillion levels. I was looking at and loaded Arkista's Ring.

Have a great one y'all... :)
  1. Boards
  2. Ghost Lion
  3. checking This One Out
  • Topic Archived