• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Ghost Lion
  3. checking This One Out

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#21
Belay that request funkadelius... I found what I was looking for and suddenly it all comes back. Ahhhhhhhh... angelic voices in sweet rhapsody. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Open a tthread in that site if you want to discuss that game funk. Not in the mood to get modded.
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: funkadelius

funkadelius
3 years ago#22
Will do
What a horrible night to have a curse!
Check out my game reviews at https://retromaggedon.wordpress.com/

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 years ago#23
I don't think this site offers an easy way to search for threads across all boards for ones created by a particular user, but check the action RPG boards, especially for the NES, and you'll see the threads of our playthroughs. And usually at the end we mention which game we're going to next, so you can kind of follow the trail that way. Being a Nintendo fanboy, I'd never played the SMS/Genesis games we went through and there were some decent ones there.

As for this game, got called into work early today and was busy all day yesterday, so have only played enough to have beaten the hob and gotten the crown. Now I just need to remember who it was that said they wanted the crown. I think it was Astos, who would then give us a crystal which we could trade for an herb, which we use to wake an elf to get a mystical key, but that might have been another game. Anyway, might play for a half hour or so tonight, just to see about delivering the crown then once I'm back home next week can see about going from there.

And yes, had I been using a guide/walkthrough I would have gone to Bread at the start of the game. But in my defense, it is pretty well hidden. I mean, giant castle by the ocean a few steps out of the way of the path you take to get to the cave to continue on: that's pretty easy to miss (to be honest, I have no idea why I didn't go there before. I mean, standard RPG rule: see a town go in it, talk to people, buy the best gear available. But I started this game a year ago and don't remember what I was thinking at the time).
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

skater43
3 years ago#24
Played some this afternoon and made some more progress. Made it through the Red Pyramid, though not sure what to do (if anything) at the altar. Went through Mod and got Crystal. Figured out who to give the crown to and have climbed the Tower to Hope. Next on the agenda is finding the doll, getting some spiffy shoes and finding the right statue.

As for stats, I'm at hope/level 14, 5400 rubies and have Spear, Lamp, Slug, Rockwing and Crystal as my travel companions. So I'm still playing catch-up with G_T, but still plugging away.

Also, it appears the brooms only take you back to fairy ponds, not people towns, so I more than likely did visit Bread when I first started out, but because it's a town and not a pond, I can't warp back there.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#25
Howdy trekker pal... :) good to see you're back on with GL. I'm still in the Tower also. My comp decided it wanted to cut up today and did. Bad comp!

Anyway, I' guess I'l fire her up and do a bit more now.

Going back to only Fairy Ponds isn't a bad thing ska. You come out of a cave needing to refresh so why not. They have great placements so... yeah. I can deal with that!

Later sakter. :)
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

skater43
3 years ago#26
Howdy right back trekkin' buddy. :) Yeah, splitting time between this and MM Zero 3, but am still working on this. Sorry to hear your computer was being bad today. They're great when they work and maddening when they don't. Anyway, at the Tower, but I still need to do more exploring in the area.

Oh, I don't have a problem with being able to warp to ponds, and only to ponds. But we were trying to figure out how I skipped the town of Bread when I first started out. This was based on the assumption that because it wasn't in my "return" list, I must not have visited it. Now we know the reason it isn't on that list is because it's not a fairy pond.

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#27
Howdy ... happy Friday everyone. I wasn't aware you guys had already started an MMZ game. Oh well... good luck with the run.

Yeah it seems you have missed something from your state report. The thing about working without a net is all the back and forth to get what you missed. I think you should have Spear; Lamp; Red Ring; Rapier; Slug; Rockwing; Magicaxe; and Crystal.

Weapons: Arrow; S-Sword; Whip; B-Dagger; Dagger; I dumped Club. Blue Ring;

Anyway... and for whatever reason you can't dump the dagger.

Hago... :)

User Info: funkadelius

funkadelius
3 years ago#28
Sorry to hear your having PC woes G_T. I love computers, but they are so fussy. My primary complaint is that I never seseem to have enough CPU.

Anyway, some of the stuff you were talking about is tricky to find, Skater. I'll just say check around very thoroughly.
What a horrible night to have a curse!
Check out my game reviews at https://retromaggedon.wordpress.com/

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#29
LOL... OMGosh! I'm getting dizzy trying to post to the right person on the right board. Let me see now. Thank you funk for empathizing with me about the comp. Same probs. Alas and alack, it's time for me to get a new girl.

Yeah well, the caves have revisit quality often. And if you go through the wrong door you'll exit the cave and levae a goodie.Then there's the pits! Enough said.

:)

Update::: In Batasa's Forest and, yikes! bring deep pockets ska. At least 14 - 15 K.

skater43
3 years ago#30
Seem to recall you talking once before about getting a new computer, then I guess that idea got shelved. Maybe time to look into it again?

Well, picked up another helper, Dwarf, so I can check that off the list, but still down two relative to you (and maybe I just haven't gotten to them yet). Up to level 18 as well. Cleared the Pyramid north of Ratal as well as the tunnel there to the east. Currently making my way through the cave there on the other side of the tunnel. Need to look into that missing doll, too. Thanks for the head's up about the money. Currently have about 10K, but almost took a death earlier which would have cost me 3-4K. Now that I know I'll need money, I'll be sure not to deathwarp out of a place or anything.
  1. Boards
  2. Ghost Lion
  3. checking This One Out
  • Topic Archived