• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Ghost Lion
  3. checking This One Out

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#11
Happy hUMp day all. I hope your hUMps are all little ones. first let me say skater, I do specify which game I'm talking about. And because I know that DW changes after DW, when I say Dragon Warrior, I am talking about that game and only taht game. Same as with FF. :)

Now, I like what you guys have said. Might I just say one thing to you funkadelius... our friend skater43 is not one for spoilers. So please use the spoiler wrap when you talk about some game play. That's another thing we butt heads about. :) I love walks, he can't stand them.

So yeah, the fragments as level up is crazy cute. And I guess skater43 that when you get "Dream" you get some of the thing you get in other RPGs. I'm sure you notice Maria gets stronger and enemies die faster. With less effort as you collect fragments.

And yeah I saw that RPC Shrines has info, I just haven't read it yet. I'll head there now. Hehehe, yeah... grinding is just for currency, but hey. That's cool!

funk, I have no doubt there will be larger groups to contend with. There has to be.we aren't even half way yet. I'm thinking the locations may even get better. I'm in it!

Have a great one everybody... :)
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 years ago#12
You're right, Maria does get stronger with each fragment of hope. COurage (hit points) and dreams (MP) go up, too. But there's no visible stat screen or indication of attack strength, defensive power, etc. (although with the "Vigor" menu, you can see the strength of your spirit helpers). So you can't tell if the S-Sword is better than the Whip except using it in battle and noting it does a little more damage (maybe only a couple of points, but considering how much more expensive the whip is, you'd think it would do more damage, hit multiple enemies or something).

Above I mentioned "ineffective" attacks (to use the FF term) and discovered today that enemies can have them, too. Had my spirit helper attack, using the last of his power so he went away, then saw the enemy attack and didn't do anything, so it apparently had targeted my spirit helper, who was no longer there. So at least the game's fair in that regard (don't think this is the case with FF. Not sure, though).

As for progress, level 10 now with 4 spirits (spear, lamp, slug and rockwing). Finished the Witch Forest and gave a pixie back her wings (by the way, I hate the enemy sprites and pixies with their crazy dodge rate. Had one take me from 60 health to dead just because I couldn't hit it [and didn't call a helper or use any bread because there was no way it could hit me enough times to kill me before I could hit it, right?]). Took a broom back to Bath (because apparently when I started the game, I saw the town of Bread, big old castle and all and decided not to go visit it or something, as it wasn't on my teleport list) and hiked up to Bread to catch the next boat. Thing the Evil King is my next destination, especially because that's the cheapest fare. So we'll see about knocking him out tomorrow.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: funkadelius

funkadelius
3 years ago#13
Ahh sorry Skater! I can see how what I said can be construed as a spoiler.

As for the stats, you two brought up an interesting question. In my play through I was not able to note any noticeable change in Maria's damage output/mitigation.

I think I still have the save, so I might test out the dagger on my max level Maria. See if it does any more damage to the kobolds in the beginning of the game than a level 1 Maria would do.

Summons do become more powerful in terms of HP and damage...Not sure about mitigation though.
What a horrible night to have a curse!
Check out my game reviews at https://retromaggedon.wordpress.com/

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#14
See funkadelius, I told you he works without a net. Now if he used a walk he would not have passed Bread.

Anyway, i wasn't up to playing the game today so I made absoblankinglutely no progress. I'll fire her up now I guess.

I see I need to do some catching up. Can you say ennui? sigh...
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#15
Good Morning, I hope you're all having a great Friday morning. A bit damp in the DMV. Maybe white by the time dawn breaks. :)

So now I'm moving again in LotGL. I'm in the Red Pyramid again after getting the Giant. So sad! You'd think he had humungus points, able to kill with a single blow. Alas and Alack... he doesn't. Well, maybe on a Kobold.

So I think I'm at Hope 14... meh...

Later... :)

funkadelius
3 years ago#16
Yeah, the giant is disappointing.

Sigh, totally forgot to test stats in this game. Not that's it's important, but my curiosity has been piqued.

I mostly took last night off, since I've been burning the candle at both ends since I started my gaming project. Doing a let's play sort of deal for Faxanadu and got some grinding in off screen last night. What a strange game.

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#17
Happy Friday, how's everyone doing? :)

Ahhh...Faxanadu! Hehehe... Be careful of an item in this game. It's not all it's cracked up to be! Yeah, we did this one about a year or go, maybe less.

Have you done The Legacy of the Wizard? A game filled with puzzles, but fun as all get out.

Also Golden Axe Warrior. I thought this one was a lot like the original LoZ.

Wonder Boy series is pretty good also. The first one I just couldn't get into so have yet to do more than a few steps into it.

Ahhh...my good old Candy Shoppe...

Anyway... I think my trekking pard will be mia this weekend, so I might just fire up Faxanadu.

HAGO all... :)

funkadelius
3 years ago#18
I'll have to keep my eyes open for that in Faxanadu! Faxanadu it's something of a golden oldie for me, played it maybe eighteen years ago. Can't remember much about it though, so it's almost like a new game.

The version I'm playing is a rom hack called Faxanadu Face Lift. It's basically the same game but, some color has been added and things like religious symbols that were taken out of the NA version were put back in. So far it's interesting.

Thanks for those SMS recommendations as well. I did a run of Master of Darkness and found it's reputation as a classic to be a bit unwarranted, so I'm looking for some good SMS stuff (don't want to start picking on Sega games until I've seen some of the better games it has to offer).

Have a good Friday!

funkadelius
3 years ago#19
Oh also forgot to mention that I have played Legacy of the Wizard, but never managed to beat it. Like skater, I try to beat games without walk throughs...until I get stuck haha.

Sadly my NES gave up the ghost before I finally conceded defeat and read a guide for LotW.

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#20
Yikes! I didn't know there was one. I gave up on one for ALTTP... :( May revisit it. For now though,

lol, I can't recall how the heck magic works. I had the same problem when I first played this game. You have a PM...

Still waiting for GF email Notifications to kick in. :(
  1. Boards
  2. Ghost Lion
  3. checking This One Out
  • Topic Archived