• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Chrono Trigger
  3. lazy Evilweevils
nobodyy23 3 years ago#1
So I play on my ps3 with the DLed ps1 version. In this topic I'm referring to rooms as listed on the page here

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/562913-chrono-trigger/faqs/65029

So I started a new game after last playing a few years ago. I got to ocean palace and started over just because I felt like it. (decided I wanted to see spekkio as a frog) On that play through I had no problem with getting to all the items in Reptite's Lair. However upon reaching the lair this time if i went down path C, I'd end up at C2 (on the map) and I'd sit there for up to an hour,(ate lunch and took a shower) and the Evilweevil would not dig. I tried several times with no luck. Even saving outside the lair and turning off the system and loading didn’t fix the problem. I kept going down a hole that I thought would put me down the D path at first, (next to the rock in the lower right corner) and at least one other place. But always ended up at the C2 point. Tried several times eventually stayed below, farmed 99 magma hands, left, sold them, then came back. On the way down still the Evilweevil would not dig.

After farming the bottom some more i ended up going down a different hole that was closer to the middle of the room and it dropped me in the lower left corner of the C chamber instead of at C2 and after a minute the Evilweevil dug, and I finally got the elixir.

I think I may recall dealing with something like this before. maybe it's something to do with where the hole is that you went down? Judging from the placement of the hole i kept going down seeming more likely to be in the D path. And the fact that it was below where I went down last, yet put me above where I landed this time. Maybe I'm dealing with a wraparound glitch? (You went off the bottom, so you appeared at the top. And that messed something up?) Or maybe it has more to do with where the hole is on the horizontal axis that puts you on the left or the right of the room?

So has anyone else ever had this problem? Or any idea what causes it?
  1. Boards
  2. Chrono Trigger
  3. lazy Evilweevils
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A