• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VI
  3. Able to get unlimited thornlets/mirage vest?

User Info: setablazebyyou

setablazebyyou
2 years ago#1
Trying to get 4 mirage vests, anyway to get unlimited through coliseum etc?

Don't want to give up any missables though.

User Info: Psychonoclasm

Psychonoclasm
2 years ago#2
You can get unlimited Thornlets, and by extension Mirage Vests, but neither of the methods are easy.

First is by refighting Hidon (if you talk to Gungho in Thamasa a few times, he'll tell you Hidon has reappeared in Ebot's Rock) and stealing the Thornlet from him, but you have to redo the dungeon AND it's a rare steal.

The second option is to use Ragnarok's Metamorph on SrBehemoth, Didalos, or Veteran. If you picked the sword, you can try Setzer/Gogo's 3-BAR slots to summon Ragnarok, though the odds are against you and even if it works, this won't guarantee you'll get the item you want.

You can only get Mirage Vests through the Coliseum, unfortunately.

User Info: setablazebyyou

setablazebyyou
2 years ago#3
Psychonoclasm posted...
You can get unlimited Thornlets, and by extension Mirage Vests, but neither of the methods are easy.

First is by refighting Hidon (if you talk to Gungho in Thamasa a few times, he'll tell you Hidon has reappeared in Ebot's Rock) and stealing the Thornlet from him, but you have to redo the dungeon AND it's a rare steal.

The second option is to use Ragnarok's Metamorph on SrBehemoth, Didalos, or Veteran. If you picked the sword, you can try Setzer/Gogo's 3-BAR slots to summon Ragnarok, though the odds are against you and even if it works, this won't guarantee you'll get the item you want.

You can only get Mirage Vests through the Coliseum, unfortunately.

Perfect, thank you! When you do a run you typically go for the sword or esper Ragnarok?

User Info: Psychonoclasm

Psychonoclasm
2 years ago#4
I've probably picked the sword more than the Esper across my playthroughs, but both choices have their merits.

I always choose the Esper in the GBA and mobile version though, since you can get the sword later.

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
1 year ago#5
tag
Just because something is fictional doesn't mean it's not real.
-Find me on Reddit and Twitter @OlorinTheOtaku
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VI
  3. Able to get unlimited thornlets/mirage vest?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A