• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VI
  3. Monster pack/ random encounter modifier

User Info: adambahdukun

adambahdukun
2 years ago#1
First time playing FF VI. Well, I've scoured every FAQs and fansites and wiki out there to see if there's a GS code to modify monster pack on random encounter. You know, to get easier time collecting Rage and Lore (Why not just use All Rage/ Lore codes? Because I'm an idiot masochist).
To my disappointment, theres only code for GBA version, like in this thread https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/930370-final-fantasy-vi-advance/71351579

But when absentmindedly browsing through GBA codes then a little something got my attention

No random encounter on GBA
82001F6E 0000

Wait a minute, I seem to recall that...

No random encounter on PS
8002FF6E 0000

The memory address is quite similar, no? So maybe if I modified the first five digits of monster pack GBA codes...

Monster pack modifier on GBA
820011E0 00??
Monster pack modifier on PS
8002F1E0 00??

Yep, it works. :D
Go fight AtmaWeapon at Narshe! Go fight Goddess at Figaro! Go fight that puke-purple octopus Ultros at Phantom Train! Anyone anywhere!

offtopic: Last time I logged in on GameFAQs maybe was 2007. I can't even remember what was my username back then.
It's good to finally contribute something a bit worthwhile :)

User Info: adambahdukun

adambahdukun
2 years ago#2
Oops, that should've been
Monster pack modifier on GBA
820011E0 ????
Monster pack modifier on PS
8002F1E0 ????

After 11 years, you'd think that GameFAQs would finally add ab edit function to its message boards...

User Info: Yazarogi

Yazarogi
2 years ago#3
very interesting.
"There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust." - Pinbacker
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VI
  3. Monster pack/ random encounter modifier
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A