• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VI
  3. What an overrated game

User Info: GrauzerJ

GrauzerJ
3 years ago#1
A shell compared to later titles

User Info: GabrielCupim

GabrielCupim
3 years ago#2
...I'll bite your bait, troll : )

When did you play it? Months ago?
And let me guess: X for PS2 was your first?
... you sure you're not living inside a dream?

User Info: Fire_Emblem_

Fire_Emblem_
3 years ago#3
GabrielCupim posted...
...I'll bite your bait, troll : )

When did you play it? Months ago?
And let me guess: X for PS2 was your first?

It was the first ff I completed but I still love 6.
Ike is the best Fire Emblem character!
Formerly known as master_m11

User Info: MajinSoulx

MajinSoulx
3 years ago#4
I'm currently playing it on the Vita. It's actually really good. The only thing I don't really like are the random battles (suprise game over, but that's a problem in all the older FF games) and the slow menu opening which are probably due to hardware limitations back in the days. Other than that it's great and deserves all the love it gets. Great story and characters, fantastic soundtrack and the visuals have aged really well.

My first FF was indeed FFX on PS2 (well, technically FF1+2 on GBA but I was too young to get anything done in them).

User Info: Vaultboy96

Vaultboy96
3 years ago#5
Final Fantasy IX is my personal favourite.
IX>X>VI

User Info: John_Sinclair

John_Sinclair
3 years ago#6
I currety play this on the SNES mini. Except for the atrocious Rage list for Gau (couldn't they at the very least order the names alphabetically?) I just love this game. It has the right amount of funny, silly scenes mixed together with a very serious undertone (the poisoning scene. Wow).

Oh, another thing I don't like are changing treasures in the chests. I restarted the game and lost 4 hours of progress, because I really am OCD like that. :(

Speaking of OCD, I am still waiting for a HadesGigas encounter on the Veldt. They seem to have changed the mechanics a bit on SNES mini. Every time I reload I end up either with pack 1 or pack 47 (haven't tested this in depth, it's just an eye test, so to speak), which makes it very tiresome. But at least Gau already started with StrayCat, even though I missed that encounter.

EDIT: Before I played 6, FF7 was my favorite. The first I played was 8, but I don't like it anymore. 9 I never liked to begin with, but I played it to the end. X is OK, X-2 is just silly, 12 is great so far (still need to finish it).
All your base are belong to me!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VI
  3. What an overrated game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A