• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Truffelsnuffler

Truffelsnuffler
9 years ago#1
Not on the menu screens, but I thought that when the game is "paused", its actually paused from time too. I did a speed run on Leon B last night but paused it halfway through for a break, went and made a sandwich, took my dog out for a bit, watched some videos on youtube, and came back for the second half. I thought my time was going to be around 1:40ish, but it was 2:26 (still got an A and the gatling gun, but was going for time.) The other day playing Leon B I saved it a couple times but never paused - and I didn't speed run it at all - even explored lots of unnecessary rooms and such - and got 2:19. That leads me to believe that pause doesn't stop the counter. Does anybody know for sure?

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
9 years ago#2
Truffelsnuffler posted...
Not on the menu screens, but I thought that when the game is "paused", its actually paused from time too. I did a speed run on Leon B last night but paused it halfway through for a break, went and made a sandwich, took my dog out for a bit, watched some videos on youtube, and came back for the second half. I thought my time was going to be around 1:40ish, but it was 2:26 (still got an A and the gatling gun, but was going for time.) The other day playing Leon B I saved it a couple times but never paused - and I didn't speed run it at all - even explored lots of unnecessary rooms and such - and got 2:19. That leads me to believe that pause doesn't stop the counter. Does anybody know for sure?

The pause button might work on the PSP/PS3. But on my copy of Resident Evil 1: Director's Cut on the PS2, the timer never stops, even during cutscenes.

The most you can do is skip the FMV cutscenes, few though they are. The in-game cutscenes are unskippable.

I also learned that the timer goes to the very end of the very last cutscene, which added about 8 minutes to the time I originally expected. I'd tried to work in 10 minutes grace, which worked out pretty well.

Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com

User Info: Truffelsnuffler

Truffelsnuffler
9 years ago#3
Yeah the timer stops for nothing on most RE games. But for some reason I thought it stopped on RE2 if it was actually paused. Anybody? :-D
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A