• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: godofkombat

godofkombat
9 years ago#1
before i pay the six bucks for the PSN version, i would like to know if the infinite ammo code for the playstation 1 version will work for this version.it's the only way i can see getting any enjoyment from the game. it's going to be bad enough playing it through an HDMI cable and a 50 inch tv.just wondering if anybody knows for sure.thanks in advance to those who have the info.
---
Oblivio Accedit---Tuesday July 1, 2042

User Info: Spoofer

Spoofer
9 years ago#2
I'm fairly certain that the PSN version is the Dual Shock version, and it's the Dual Shock version that introduced the code. So you should be good to go.

I dunno why you even need the code, though... RE2 is overflowing with ammo in its normal difficulty, and if you play on Rookie you automatically receive the 3 infinite ammo bonus weapons. =/
Because... because I've got spikes.
Because I go between the zones, even when I'm not supposed to.

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
9 years ago#3
It is, I just tried it, does anybody know if it lowers rank? I was thinking about abusing it to get me a rocket launcher

User Info: oneofakind2k10

oneofakind2k10
9 years ago#4
Using the infinite ammo code *does not* lower your rank when used. It's only when you use the special weapons (The Rocket Launcher, The Gatling Gun, Sub-Machine Gun) that are already in your "Storage Chest" that will lower your rank.

User Info: lizardo_manson

lizardo_manson
9 years ago#5
but if i leave the submachine gun, the one from playing the game for the first time (not the one given after finished game) and i leave it in store so i can pick it for Claire, does it lower rank or it just the one given after the game is finished that lower rank?

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
9 years ago#6
None of the items you pick up in game can lower your ranking. So you can leave the side-pack or sub machine gun or pick it up whenever you like and it will be fine.
-=> este914 <=-

User Info: jvrlopez

jvrlopez
9 years ago#7
Managing ammo and knowing when to use it is, IMO, one of the more enjoyable aspects of the game.

It is after all, survival horror. Just going through and blasting everything in sight may be fun, but it takes away from the game's original intention.

I'd say give it an honest effort on all the scenarios and then use the cheat.

I own the original two disc version so the cheat has never been available to me =P

User Info: Truffelsnuffler

Truffelsnuffler
9 years ago#8
este914 posted...
None of the items you pick up in game can lower your ranking. So you can leave the side-pack or sub machine gun or pick it up whenever you like and it will be fine.

using a first aid spray will lower your ranking :-)

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
9 years ago#9
Truffelsnuffler posted...
este914 posted...

using a first aid spray will lower your ranking :-)

Yes, but no one mentioned that before. the weapons you pick up in game are fine.
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A