Max treasure completion before entering the final area? (spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy V
  3. Max treasure completion before entering the final area? (spoilers)

User Info: LancetJades

LancetJades
2 years ago#1
Anyone know what the maximum treasure completion possible is before you enter the N-Zone? Assuming, of course, that you don't enter until you've gotten and done everything possible in worlds 1, 2, and 3.

And it'd be a bonus if you knew how many more treasures are needed for the next increase in %.
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.

User Info: silktail

silktail
2 years ago#2
I haven't actually tested to see if it works, but there are 252 chests which count towards this and 22 of them are in the Interdimensional Rift.
So that should make it 91%. With another 2 treasures needed to make it 92%.

Note: Be aware that the PS version apparently goes from 99% to 099% , when you get the last treasure.
---

LancetJades
2 years ago#3
silktail posted...
I haven't actually tested to see if it works, but there are 252 chests which count towards this and 22 of them are in the Interdimensional Rift.
So that should make it 91%. With another 2 treasures needed to make it 92%.

Note: Be aware that the PS version apparently goes from 99% to 099% , when you get the last treasure.
---

I don't suppose you actually have a list of the chests, do you? I've scoured FAQs and old topics on both this and the GBA board to find one besides the Japanese translation one on the SNES version (because it's hard to keep things straight with that one).

And thanks, I'll let you know how the numbers pan out. I've no doubt that I missed at least one chest (like I did back on the GBA version years ago), but once again I'm also quite sure it can't have been any one-time dungeons.

Don't suppose you have any insight on why it displays 099% for 100%, do you?
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.

User Info: silktail

silktail
2 years ago#4
LancetJades posted...
I don't suppose you actually have a list of the chests, do you? I've scoured FAQs and old topics on both this and the GBA board to find one besides the Japanese translation one on the SNES version (because it's hard to keep things straight with that one).

You mean the Perfect Game Guide by Chen Guojun? I think that also includes treasures which aren't counted towards the %.

Try the FFVA FAQ/Walkthrough by Djibriel, if you just want a check list for Treasure%:-
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/930369-final-fantasy-v-advance/faqs/61876

I.e. section 11.3 Treasure Checklist. Just ignore the bonus dungeon treasures.

Don't suppose you have any insight on why it displays 099% for 100%, do you?

It sounds like some sort of bug, possibly preparing to display the triple digit number but something has gone wrong.
You would need someone who understands the game code to figure it out.
---

LancetJades
2 years ago#5
Man, I must've read through Djibriel's GBA guide so many times and missed it each time. How the heck does that even happen.

Anyways, I got up to 91% (which the last treasure prior to the N-Zone should give you, according to the math) right before entering, so it seems like that number checks out.
Lost, but not forgotten.

LancetJades
2 years ago#6
Yep, all confirmed. 91% is the highest pre-N-Zone percentage, and the last treasure you find gives it, so if you have 91% beforehand, you've definitely gotten them all.

Getting the 22 N-Zone treasures then gives the "099%" 100% value.
Lost, but not forgotten.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy V
  3. Max treasure completion before entering the final area? (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived