• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy V
  3. Save problem on PSP version

User Info: ValtonZenola

ValtonZenola
7 years ago#11
I had this happen to me yesterday... When I tried to leave the room because I was unsure about the glitch, game screwed up on me x_x Oh well, only one floor up into the Wind Tower, at the beginning of the game so meh
MHTri: Lautanos HR15 Game ID: LZVRP7
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0467-1838 (PM your 3DS code to me if you added me)

User Info: Dagger1087

Dagger1087
7 years ago#12
I find this ridiculous. SE is aware of this glitch. WHY would put the version of this game on PSN, charge people $10, and not FIX the glitch or put the GH version up (which apparently doesn't have it). They just lost $10 from me because I would have gotten it if that was fixed. If I want to play with the glitch, I'll just get out my PS2 and pop in the disc version.

And I know this isn't a harmful glitch, I have the black label Anthology so I'm VERY familiar with this. I refuse to buy the version on PSN when SE can't even bother to give us a working version. Although, loading times was a factor for me in that it took too long for the menus to advance especially when dealing with the glitch. Maybe playing it on PSP wouldn't be so bad.
PSN Online ID: XIII_Lightning

User Info: Bob the Almighty

Bob the Almighty
7 years ago#13
I regret buying the game personally, especially since I can my ripped Anthology disc as well as the better GBA version (which I also own) on my PSP.

I actually played through the entire Greatest Hits version that I ripped myself a week before the PSN release and never encountered the save glitch once.

On the PSN version I now run into the glitch constantly. It's stupid.

Anyone who can rip their own discs or owns the GBA version should pass on this until Square fixes this.
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.

User Info: Lagunarok33

Lagunarok33
7 years ago#14
Bob the Almighty posted...
Eww who would be playing PS1 games using the "Fullscreen" setting? Distorted image am cry!

:p

Not that I'm complaining, but I can't get the save glitch to register at all. I'm up to the Fire Ship and no glitchy save screens here. I wonder if it's because I played through FF 5 on my PSP before when I ripped my Anthology GH disc. Maybe the glitch is something with the save file itself?

.......I play in fullscreen.
PSN:burstpowera XBOX360:Paladin Light
After Mondays and Tuesdays even the calender says WTF.

User Info: HeikeKagero

HeikeKagero
7 years ago#15
Square is definitely not gonna fix this. I run into this glitch a lot and once it happens it seems to keep happening until I reset the game. It's not fame breaking but very annoying.

User Info: Orbo99

Orbo99
7 years ago#16
I run into this problem on the psp quite often but NEVER on the ps3.So much to the point where I just transferred my save back over to the console and play the game there. IDK why that is though.
My PSN: Orbo100
http://www.backloggery.com/orbo100

User Info: HeikeKagero

HeikeKagero
7 years ago#17
We really need to complain to Square Enix or Sony and hope they fix this. It's way to frequent. I can't believe they didn't use the GH version. This is starting to really annoy me

User Info: Dagger1087

Dagger1087
7 years ago#18
Way back when, it wasn't that common for the glitch to come up on the disc version (I played on PS2 probably). Exiting the menu and trying again usually fixed it. But since the black label version (which is the one I have) apparently crashes when played on the PS3, I decided to get this to play on PSP. But on PSP the glitch happens like 90% of the time, which is ridiculous. Exiting the menu and trying again doesn't help either, I've experienced.

So, this downloadable version doesn't crash on PS3 does it? Because I think I'll also transfer my save over and play on there, even though I like playing it on PSP.
PSN Online ID: XIII_Lightning

User Info: Orbo99

Orbo99
7 years ago#19
No it doesn't crash on ps3 and the screen doesnt glitch up either. It plays like it should. I don't know why it does what it does on the PSP.
My PSN: Orbo100
http://www.backloggery.com/orbo100

User Info: Maikuu

Maikuu
7 years ago#20
This bug has actually caused the game to lock up on me. Went to save and had it do the bug, exited the menu and it froze.

Just awful.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy V
  3. Save problem on PSP version
  • Topic Archived