• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy V
  3. Save problem on PSP version

User Info: david62901

david62901
7 years ago#1
I go to save and press x then screen is all messed up how to fix this or is my game corrupted

User Info: Noname81

Noname81
7 years ago#2

david62901 posted...
I go to save and press x then screen is all messed up how to fix this or is my game corrupted

Apparently it's some kind of glitch. The only thing I would suggest is making multiple save files. Other than that I'm not sure how to fix it.

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
7 years ago#3
It doesn't hurt anything, it just causes your screen graphics to screw up really badly. You can do one of two things:

1) Memorize the menu positions, and select them like normal.

2) Exit out of the menu and try going back in.

In either case, the glitch isn't permanent, and doesn't hurt anything, it's just an annoyance.
My interpretation of reality is different than yours. Don't destroy my reality, even if you consider it a fantasy.

User Info: BretBaber

BretBaber
7 years ago#4
I just keep trying and eventually it works. It seems to work a little better after I changed the load speed back to normal from fast. I really don't know if that helps, but I've encountered the problem less.

I know these games are direct ports, but you think they would have fixed that very small problem. When this game released in '99 I remember this same problem. Oh well.

User Info: Raimei

Raimei
7 years ago#5
Here's the fix:

Press the PS Button>Choose "Other Settings">Change from "Full Screen" back to "Original Screen". Then go back to the game and save. After the game save, leave the game menu screen, then press PS Button>Choose "Other Settings">Change back to "Full Screen".

It's a pain, I know, but you would think that SE would have fix this bug...

User Info: Bob the Almighty

Bob the Almighty
7 years ago#6
Eww who would be playing PS1 games using the "Fullscreen" setting? Distorted image am cry!

:p

Not that I'm complaining, but I can't get the save glitch to register at all. I'm up to the Fire Ship and no glitchy save screens here. I wonder if it's because I played through FF 5 on my PSP before when I ripped my Anthology GH disc. Maybe the glitch is something with the save file itself?
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.

User Info: Bob the Almighty

Bob the Almighty
7 years ago#7
Well crap I just jinxed myself. LOL.

Well I guess it's time to delete the PSN version off my PSP and reinstall my ripped Greatest Hits version... how lame. :p
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.

User Info: david62901

david62901
7 years ago#8
m also getting a load error too.

User Info: negi_magician

negi_magician
7 years ago#9
I've only had the save glitch on World map saving screens. In-dungeon ones have been fine for me so far.
http://i.imgur.com/QtEXQ.jpg
http://emmyc.com/HOTINHERE.gif

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
7 years ago#10
I've had it occur pretty much anywhere. it's not even a save glitch so much as a Menu Glitch. It seems to occur randomly any time you enter your menu screen.

It's not that big a deal, or at least it doesn't bother me that much, but it is still a small pain.
My interpretation of reality is different than yours. Don't destroy my reality, even if you consider it a fantasy.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy V
  3. Save problem on PSP version
  • Topic Archived