• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. RuneScape
  3. I played RuneScape today

User Info: Propstop00

Propstop00
2 months ago#1
AFK'd vyres while "working"

Apparently the new GWD (which was promised to release last year iirc??) will be coming out soon. I am probably too washed up to do well when it drops

Will I return tomorrow? The world will never know

https://i.imgur.com/4Hx0q1X.jpeg

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
2 months ago#2
Propstop00 posted...
(which was promised to release last year iirc??)

Was it? I can't keep track of the timeline, and that might have been after I 5.6b'd and started to move to OS.

Propstop00 posted...
I am probably too washed up to do well when it drops

My laptop that can run RS reasonably well is still busted (and at this point I've probably wait so long to take care of it that it's outside the warranty period), which makes even RMS a pain. I'm not sure when I'll try GWD3 although, in general, I like to wait until guides come out.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

Propstop00
2 months ago#3
Zeus posted...
Was it? I can't keep track of the timeline, and that might have been after I 5.6b'd and started to move to OS.

yea, it was announced at runefest 2019, and advertised with a summer 2020 release date https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ouqE7U0ec&t=2770s

one of the biggest reasons I stopped playing this game, Jagex over-promises and under-delivers

Zeus
2 months ago#4
tbh, I've never been able to sit through any of their presentations. If it's not written in a news post, I generally don't pay attention to it.

Propstop00 posted...
one of the biggest reasons I stopped playing this game, Jagex over-promises and under-delivers

Well, they did finally give us those mammoths they promised around 2004. It just took them over ten years. And we *kinda* got lizardmen, although OS was more on the ball with that because their lizardmen are actually called lizardmen.

I will say that their promises are generally of little interest to me. The quests almost always suck (and even the fun ones are bogged down by the mechanics), the bosses mostly seem meh (the hydra was one of the few things on either version of the game to catch my interest; although I liked the Fury Twins and I thematically liked Rax), the new areas tend to feature a lot of forced content, and -- like you said -- there aren't a lot of things Jagex just knocks out of the park (although RS's Prif was one of them -- where's OS's Prif was surprisingly underwhelming). Although I kinda guess the upcoming content is now of greater relevance to me, since I have less of the ordinary stuff left to do.

Right now, iirc the only update I'm kinda looking forward to is the avatar / character model revamp.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
(edited 2 months ago)

Propstop00
2 months ago#5
Kinda with you on the bosses being meh overall. Telos was done incredibly well, with the scaling enrage mechanics keeping the fight challenging and dynamic. The thing about bosses in RS, imo, is that there is a very fine line between "interesting" and "infuriating". The final boss of ED1 immediately comes to mind with the latter. In theory, the mechanic sounds fun and unique, but in practice, there's nothing fun about waiting 90 seconds (120 seconds? don't remember) for the next crystal cycle.

Then some bosses are just pulse checks, which is equally as boring (gwd1 etc).

It would be nice if the new god wars came with telos2.0. But even if it does, 1 outstanding boss every 5 years (Telos released June 2016) is a terribly slow release cycle that even my casual ass can't really get excited about.

Zeus
2 months ago#6
Ehhh... I never liked Telos's character design, and I was kinda so-so on the fight itself despite the fact it had some interesting mechanics. If I can't care about what I'm fighting, the boss fight kinda loses me, particularly if there are a lot of mechanics involved. The other thing I dislike about Telos is that it's just a long fight. I like bosses who are closer to that 2-minute mark.

On the plus side, Telos was a *lot* easier to learn than Rax, and I liked the scaling mechanics (which was probably one reason he was easier to learn).

Propstop00 posted...
Then some bosses are just pulse checks, which is equally as boring (gwd1 etc).

They're kinda examples of outdated content (which serves its purpose since they become entry-level bossing), although the HM versions added some stuff so you couldn't just afk them.

Propstop00 posted...
The final boss of ED1 immediately comes to mind with the latter. In theory, the mechanic sounds fun and unique, but in practice, there's nothing fun about waiting 90 seconds (120 seconds? don't remember) for the next crystal cycle.

Yeah, that was a pretty f***ing s*** boss. And the EDs in general were of less interest to me because of all the filler before the bosses.
(\/)(\/)|-|
  1. Boards
  2. RuneScape
  3. I played RuneScape today
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A