• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Solitaire (1990)
  3. Vista Version needs an entry

User Info: Cheradenine

Cheradenine
13 years ago#1
The solitaire in Vista is so much cooler In various ways.

The game system is fairer. Now moving a card to a new location and turning the card under it face up are no longer considered separate moves, this means "undo" fixes the entire move rather than the pointless covering up of a card that you just turned over. Also, undoing a move isn't point-penalized any more.

The interface is smoother. Click on a card, click where you want it to be, it's there.

You can restart games if you wish you'd made a move a different way. That's right, you can actually play the same game more than once. Also, if you close a game part way through, it's saved for you automatically so you can pick up where you left off when you open it again.

You can undo multiple moves in succession and even get hints on what card to play next (pretty pointless, but its nice to have).

It tells you when there are no moves left and offers to either quit, undo a few moves and try again, or play a new hand.

It also looks MUCH better visually and they've even added some nice, satisfying-sounding sound effects. *thwick, thwap, shuffle* etc.

Basically it's superior to the XP version in every way. It's an almost totally different game.

I'll stop now, I have to go with these nice men to the big house.
Mother Tongue: ISBN 0380715430. Essential reading for all those annoyed by English abusers.
...---...

Cheradenine
13 years ago#2
*whistles*
Mother Tongue: ISBN 0380715430. Essential reading for all those annoyed by English abusers.
...---...

Cheradenine
13 years ago#3
Damn thing sometimes has trouble restarting a game. Sometimes it does, sometimes it just deals a new game. I don't know why but it needs to be fixed.

I bet no one in the MS updates contingent is working on this.
...---...

Cheradenine
13 years ago#4
I'm not an addict
it's cool, I feel alive
if you don't have it
you're on the other side
I'm not an addict
maybe that's a lie
...---...

User Info: thegreendragon7

thegreendragon7
13 years ago#5
u need help
Maybe this is the one, the one I don't come back from, the end.
(message deleted)

Cheradenine
13 years ago#7
^ no, he does.
...---...
  1. Boards
  2. Solitaire (1990)
  3. Vista Version needs an entry
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A