• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Might and Magic: Book One
  3. Anybody still playing this?

User Info: WhPlague

WhPlague
9 years ago#1
This game rocks!

Such insane party customization options for the time it was made.

User Info: LynnTerra

LynnTerra
9 years ago#2

I just purchased the Millenium Edition of gog.com and will be starting it up in the coming days. I use to play II, IV, and V back on the Apple.

WhPlague
9 years ago#3
Make sure to visit the GOG forums then. I posted a way to increase the delay of the text messages. (Known as UndeadHalfOrc there)
RPGs beaten: FF123456789XX2,FFT,CT,CC,XG,KH,Betrayal at Krondor, MM6&7,
UltimaUnderw.1&2,SeikenDensetsu2&3, Baldur1,SuperMarioRPG

LynnTerra
9 years ago#4

Yah, I saw that posting and it was definitely needed. My only real issue at the moment is figuring out how to get a party gathered in order to enter town. The manual states you use the Ctrl key plus the letter the character is slotted in but so far it hasn't worked. I'll keep trying a few more things and if it doesnt work I'll probably end up asking for help on GOG.

LynnTerra
9 years ago#5

Well I finally managed to figure out how to get characters selected. I was apparently missing one important part of the process. I managed to get my crew of 6 together, stepped out into town, took about 5 steps and then encountered Poltergeists. Party died! ROFL. I'd forgotten how hard it is to get started in the older games. I use to have the same trouble in Bards Tale II on Apple.

WhPlague
9 years ago#6
IF you create a new party from scratch (as I did), you have to painstakingly transfer all the gold, food and equipment from the default party to your characters, one by one.
RPGs beaten: FF123456789XX2,FFT,CT,CC,XG,KH,Betrayal at Krondor, MM6&7,
UltimaUnderw.1&2,SeikenDensetsu2&3, Baldur1,SuperMarioRPG
  1. Boards
  2. Might and Magic: Book One
  3. Anybody still playing this?
  • Topic Archived