• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X-2
  3. First Playthrough

User Info: demonguardian

demonguardian
3 months ago#11
There was actually a bit more that I had to shave off due to space limitations (and I didn't want to double post just for that, as it was already big enough). Glad to be of help either way =)

For tough encounters, I recall a couple in Macalania Woods and maybe one in Kilika (a bit later on this Chapter), but they're not too bad if you know how to handle them. Save often just in case anyway.

For the Darkness Dance vs Matador's Song argument, I pretty much always go for the later. Songstress doesn't have a terrible MP pool and the songs are pretty cheap (and, again, save points are everywhere). MS doesn't have to deal with status immunities and it doesn't make your girl stuck for as long as dancing, which isn't only important in battle, but relevant for AP gains as well. I do use Samba of Silence against spellcasters, since you can't dodge magic. But, again, it's not like you're getting stuck because of it or anything, so it's not a big deal either way.

However, if you're using Wait mode, one thing I really advise you to get somewhat used to, is to go on a menu (or whatever forces wait mode) to stop the global ATB whenever another girl finishes charging a move and let her finish before moving on with the one you're currently controlling (alternatively, you can try to time it so you can chain your attacks). There's a LOT of time wasted with animations and/or chantings, which you can save by freezing everyone else's ATB. This can mean the difference between a victory or a wipe (or, at least, save you from some inconveniences) against tougher battles, so it's good to learn it early on. Sometimes it might look like it didn't work because the enemy(ies) take an action regardless, but that just means they already had their ATB charged for whatever move they performed, it was just delayed for some reason.

Hope you have fun on your playthrough!

User Info: Fei519

Fei519
2 months ago#12
I kept it kind of simple my first playthrough, i kept yuna as a mage, rikku as a thief and payne as a warrior until i got better dressspheres. I didnt like songstress or psychic too much. I moved on to berserker and dark knight.

Most people get the most % by choosing the other side the second time around and as long as you dont skip too much it shouldnt be hard to 100% it the second time through.
My name is Grahf, the seeker of power. Doth thou desire the power?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X-2
  3. First Playthrough
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A