• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X-2
  3. Multi-target spells

User Info: Fei519

Fei519
8 months ago#1
Its now chapter 3 and i finally figured out how to select multiple targets with spells. That would have been nice to have in the tutorials that Shinra gives you.
My name is Grahf, the seeker of power. Doth thou desire the power?

User Info: Kakuzatou

Kakuzatou
8 months ago#2
For what it's worth, that info is in the manual.
xXGOD HAND CARNIVAL COSTUME CREWXx

Fei519
8 months ago#3
You're completely correct, its right there on the last page of the manual, and the last thing written in the hints section,

Regardless, if you're going to put an extensive in game tutorial there, then mention it.

User Info: BiohazzardCR

BiohazzardCR
1 month ago#4
It is sort of misleading, especially since some spells like shell, protect, and reflect automatically cast on all part members on their own. It makes you think some can and some can’t, but most spells can hit anyone, they are just nice enough to give quality of life for some of them. A fun gimmick I like doing with mages is cast reflect on my team, and triple cast spells off myself, this causes three spells to hit the enemy. It’s best if you do it on bosses or single enemies to ensure all 3 bounced spells strike the same foe. This is useful for enemies with elemental weaknesses and is one of the only ways to accurately chain Magic spells. It reduces the damage for each hit, but the chain makes up for it, causing more damage than if you had just cast it directly on the enemy.

User Info: youngval312

youngval312
1 month ago#5
I had no idea you could do this...
-Val Young-

Fei519
4 weeks ago#6
youngval312 posted...
I had no idea you could do this...

Lol you're welcome. I believe if you look at the descriptions of some of the spells, it will tell you that its multi-target, i just had no idea how to toggle the option. I meant to figure it out sooner but i kept forgetting.

On a sad note, my PS3 stopped playing ps2 games when i was at the end of chapter 5 :(.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X-2
  3. Multi-target spells
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A