• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X-2
  3. CH1 Publicity Question

User Info: BlackEyedJester

BlackEyedJester
1 year ago#1
Okay, so, I've read tons of posts about the Publicity side quest but I have one question that I haven't seen answered anywhere, if it has been and I've just missed it somehow please let me know. ^^

So basically I understand that the "Publicity Level" is locked at one above your current chapter, regardless of how much higher your rating is.

What I would like to know is, do you have to be 'in' the faction in order for the Level to update at the start of a new chapter? Or will it still update if I swap to the other one while still keeping the the first one at over 400?

For instance, right now I'm in Chapter 1, just before doing the Hotspot in Zanarkand and I have an Open Air Inc. Publicity Rating of 802 but it's still at Publicity Level 2.
If I was to swap to Argent right now it'll be cut in half to 401, which should be enough to hit Publicity Level 5 in chapter 4, right?
So if I was to swap and then get Argent to a Rating of 401 right now and then stay with them until chapter 5 to get the 'episode complete' while not getting any more points to break the tie, will I get access to both factions full inventory?

Also while I'm asking this, in order to get the merged faction at the end do they have to be equal in rating or just both above 400?

Also if you're wondering how I have that much gil to boost both factions in CH1, it's from the O'aka Hi-Potion trick.

Thank you in advance! ^^

User Info: Artoo_64

Artoo_64
1 year ago#2
I'm pretty sure both just have to be over 400 for publicity level 5 and for Garment Grids. I've always had them in a tie myself by chapter 5 so I don't know for sure, but I believe they don't have to tie.

BlackEyedJester
1 year ago#3
Okay, so I can confirm that you can definitely get both factions completed in CH1 and then just not engage with the whole side quest until CH5 where it will be completed instantly when you go to the Calm Lands.

So basically for anyone else finding this and wanting to complete it as easily as possible all you need to do is...

Step 1: Find O'aka and let him on the airship.
Step 2: Grind for gil until you have around 80k and pay off his debt by buying as many Hi-Potions as you can and then selling them to Barkeep to get the remainder of the gil needed to pay O'aka off.
Step 3: Buy as many Hi-Potions as you want and continue selling them back to Barkeep for profit until you have as much gil as you want.
Step 4: Make sure you have completed the Besaid Hotspot in CH1 WITHOUT doing the one in Zanarkand.
Step 5: Go to the Calm Lands to unlock the Publicity side quest. (and the marriage one if you want)
Step 6: Campaign to everyone in Spira for your first faction (doesn't matter which) your first faction will have a Publicity Ranking of 270.
Step 7: Use your hard earned gil to play Sky Slots until you have a Publicity Ranking of 802, you gain 1 point every 25 credits lost, winning gives you 0 points.
Step 8: Swap to the other faction and campaign to everyone again. (in the same chapter, I can confirm that the game does allow you to double dip if it's for the other faction)
Step 9: Play Sky Slots again until you have a Publicity Ranking of 401 exactly, this ensures you get a tie in CH5.
Step 10: Completely ignore the factions for the rest of the game until you hit CH5 and then go to the Calm Lands again for your Episode complete and merged faction.

Now... if only I knew a way to get 400k credits to get those GG's...

User Info: Artoo_64

Artoo_64
1 year ago#4
Get good with Random Reels on Lady Luck to get CONGRATS! You will beat any random enemy group (except for mechs), will get their bribe items, and around 30000 gil every encounter. You may not get it at first, but once you get it, you will get it like 19 times out of 20. It is by far the easiest way to make gil in this game.

On that note, Lady Luck is just the most broken dressphere in the game. 777 and 3 bars on Magic Reels gets you Ultima + Black Sky, and on Item Reels gets you Megalixir+ and Mighty Guard+.

BlackEyedJester
1 year ago#5
Hmm, I'll have to get started on that then! Thank you for the advice!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X-2
  3. CH1 Publicity Question
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A