• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X-2
  3. How long/hard is the grind for Major Numerus?

User Info: finalrush7

finalrush7
1 year ago#1
I've beaten this game as a kid but had lots of trouble finishing the story.
Now I'm going for a 100% playthrough and wanted to ask how hard/long the grind is to be able to beat Major Numerus? I don't mind long grinding if it isn't too tedius. Also, I hope no needed item/equip is behind a terrible mini game...? I am NOT doing that lightning dodge challenge!

Thanks =)
"Today, we use our power to fell a god"
Xenoblade Chronicles is the best game of all time.

User Info: Kakuzatou

Kakuzatou
1 year ago#2
There's little to no grind. Acquire some way of applying invincibility (Hero Drinks, Last Resort, Excellence) and you can't really lose.
xXGOD HAND CARNIVAL COSTUME CREWXx

User Info: Insensitivity

Insensitivity
1 year ago#3
Lightning dodge was in X, not X-2.

And yeah, doing it normally, you can go with what Kakuzatou mentioned. When I first did it, I just used creatures, which I think is much easier. I barely upgraded the creatures, and the bit that I did required almost no grinding, because they were easy drops from easy tournaments. I used Chocobo + Amorphous Gel to get through everything up to Shinra. Then Shinra + Chocobo pretty easily wipes Numerus with simple star-management. There are probably much better setups you can look up, but this is how I did it, and you can get both Chocobo + Amorphous Gel in chapter 1 to steamroll everything in your path.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X-2
  3. How long/hard is the grind for Major Numerus?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A