• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA Soccer 2003
  3. World Football Thread (Bayern , West Ham, Feyenoord, Depor, etc.)

User Info: whitman05

whitman05
13 years ago#31
The break ended in Spain last week and Depor got a huge 3-0 win in la Copa Del Rey and a 2-1 win in Bilbao, so good stuff from them. Feyenoord return to the pitch on Sunday.

whitman05
13 years ago#32
Feyenoord won, Depor lost. I hope Feyenoord keeps up this form, we're long over due for a trophy. But PSV and AZ are in good form as well. Depor is still too inconsistent. I'm just hoping they can finish in a Euro spot for next season.

User Info: HammerfanX

HammerfanX
13 years ago#33
Well after a really bad run of form over christmas.. West Ham beat Norwich away in the F.A. Cup and beat Aston Villa away on saturday, which means we've done the double over our claret and blue rivals this year!!! :D
Awesome, anyway.. we're 10th and have 29 points aiming to finish top half of table in first season back!

COME ON YOU HAMMERS!!!!!
Ready, Teddy, GOAL!!!
'Moore than just a Football team!'

whitman05
13 years ago#34
Depor and Feyenoord both drew over the weekend, but worst of all Depor lost Juan Carlos Valeron to a serious knee injury. He's out 6-8 months and will miss the World Cup for Spain. Bad injury, but I wish him the best!

HammerfanX
13 years ago#35
Ouch there for Valeron! I've always admired him as player..you know with his flair and quality!!? That's though luck for Depor and Spain unfortunately!!! :(

Anyway, west ham completed club record signing for forward dean ashton on Monday for £7million which beat the previous record held by Tomas Repka for £5.5 million who unfortunately played his last game for the club as he makes his way to play for Sparta Prague as his family is living there now as he is homesick! I wish him all the best for the future and he sure left the club on a high note as we beat Fulham 2-1 at home after a few tough away games. We're coming back into form now (thank god!) after winning 3 games in a row despite a torrid Christmas period. We're 9th in the prem with 32 points......and that's the total that we got relegated on 3 years ago!
Hmm anyways I better go now cause I’m probably boring you but I could just go on and on and on and on and on..
Ready, Teddy, GOAL!!!

HammerfanX
13 years ago#36
Well west ham won again at the weekend back in the F.A. Cup! A great game involving 6 goals at Upton Park finishing 4-2 to us..even though Blackburn took the lead in the first minute! But west ham being the ultimate come back team that we are (don't mean to boast, we just are! lol) managed to yet again get us through to the next round and grab our 4th win in a row. I don't know if we can make it 5 (our next game is Arsenal away, on wednesday) but we sure do have a chance as the booners are on a bad run of form lately and we're yet again, on FIRE!! (touch wood) anyways good luck to all your teams in the upcoming matches and for the rest of the season!!! :)
Ready, Teddy, GOAL!!!

whitman05
13 years ago#37
Feyenoord won on Sunday in a warm-up for Aj*x on Sunday. Depor lost to Atletico and have a big cup match tomorrow against Valencia. Which was stopped last week due to the Valencia supporters. Who knows what will happen there. Looks like West Ham have acquired the Depor captain Scaloni. I hope he does well for you guys :).

HammerfanX
13 years ago#38
Yeah I know whitman that was totaly unexpected! Last I heard that we were gonna sign Gabri for Barca but he decided to stay in spain untill his contract is up in the summer! What can you tell us about Scaloni Whit? I hard that there is apparently no option to make the loan permenant which is a shame cause if he does well we'll be desperate to keep him obviously. But anyway thanks for your captian and I was wondering what you think about all this?
Ready, Teddy, GOAL!!!

whitman05
13 years ago#39
I'm afraid I won't be able to tell you much about Scaloni that you won't already know. He's a right sided player who can play right back, or right midfield. He also can play in the center of the pitch, but that's not his best position. He's not the most technically gifted player, but he plays hard and is tough. He's also very well liked as the Depor players voted him captain. I hope he gets to play for you guys, but I do expect him back after the season ;).

HammerfanX
13 years ago#40
Yeah, Alan Pardew (our manager) has said he decided to take the chance to sign him on loan cause he thinks that Scaloni is alot like Tomas Repka who left last week, who played at right back for us. Tough, strong wing back who loves to run up the wings. It'll be interesting to see what he can do effectively for us and hey you never know, if the price is right for him, you, and us then he may become a permanant player for the team??!
Ready, Teddy, GOAL!!!
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA Soccer 2003
  3. World Football Thread (Bayern , West Ham, Feyenoord, Depor, etc.)
  • Topic Archived