• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Area 51
  3. Chapter 7: Checkpoint 3 Conduit Corundum

User Info: dojodan444

dojodan444
12 years ago#1
I'm sure someone will tell me this was a simple stage to pass, LOL, but I'm stuck. I'm able to kill the three black ops soldiers guarding the outside of the room, but once I enter the room my health is usually at half and I haven't been able to kill all of the soldiers let alone deactivate the claymores within 45 seconds. Is there a trick to defeating this stage? I know outside before you enter the room there are 2 health bars and even despite using them, in the firefight with the 3 black ops soldiers outside the room, I still only usually end up with half a bar of health heading into the room. I tried at first to use the rifle to pick them off, but wasn't very successful with that approach. So I switched to running down the corridor with shotguns blazing, which was effective in killing them, but doesn't leave me enough health heading into the room. I also tried switching to "monster mode" after defeating the 3 black ops soldiers outside the room and then entering the room as a monster. This was the most effective method thus far as I killed most of the soldiers before I died, but I still wasn't able to deactivate the claymores in the allotted time. Any ideas?

Thanks!
dojodan

User Info: dojodan444

dojodan444
12 years ago#2
I was able to get past this level in a few more tries. The key was to change into mutant mode after defeating the 3 black ops soldiers guarding the door. This is best done by sniping them with the machine gun (you don't have the sniper rifle at this stage of the game). Once you enter the door at the end of the corridor the timer will start. Change to mutant mode then rush in and kill the three or four black ops soldiers guarding the room. There are only two or three timers that need to be shut down and they are all in close proximity so you can easily do this within the allotted 45 seconds.
  1. Boards
  2. Area 51
  3. Chapter 7: Checkpoint 3 Conduit Corundum
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A