• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Destiny 2
  3. How to level grind to Lv 200

User Info: HouseParty9

HouseParty9
10 years ago#1
I'm really curious how people have done this. Is it through game tricks? Patience? or finding good level grind spots?

I want to try to get to this level so I can be able to beat Magnadeus in a hard difficulty. So how do you guys do it? Is it through old' school fashion level grinding? Perhaps in the Aqua Labyrinth? Or do you use some slots to gain faster levels? Is playing on a harder difficulty increase the earn experience points like in Destiny Remake?

So yeah how do you guys do it? Please and Thank You

User Info: PeckingBird

PeckingBird
10 years ago#2
Racking up 999 comboes and win the duel.

User Info: Aurora_HH

Aurora_HH
10 years ago#3
I went once only to lvl.200, by beating Magna over and over with the grade shop expX2 bonus, It wasn't that fast, but still 130.000 exp each time.
Meaning you gain still around 1lvl each time you beat him once you're around level 100 (except between lvl199 and 200, since you need around 2.500.000 exp if I remember correctly), not too bad, and nice to lvl up some nice slots at the same time with the platinium series (less boring than the seeds at last). Nice grade farming also on high difficulties.

I'm now trying with combo exp, but it takes too much time to level up... It goes really faster at the beginning but when you're around lvl 80 it's no more that fast at all!
So I'm now wondering if it's really worth it to get Harold at lvl 5 to get best stats with the Title effects, If it take that long to reach lvl 200 with combo exp...

In the DC it was so easy to grind very fast with the secret bc, in TOD2 I never saw something like that.
On Aselia wiki they said that Princess of Mermaid provides bonus exp, I've never saw any difference on random encounter or bosses, PS2 and PSP.

User Info: Kurusu

Kurusu
10 years ago#4
Stats increase rates are halved when reaching level 60 and divided by four when reaching level 100. You may do the maths yourself to see if it's best to get Harold at level 5 or use exp x2, taking into account the time you spend on it.

And you know, it's been a common thing in recent Tales to give you an easy way to reach max level. It more or less started with Rebirth, who gave you Blue Earth, insane exp in Cyglorg's chambers, which you could multiply by 40 with exp x10 and a secret factor...

And yeah, Aselia did once say that Princess of Mermaid gave bonus exp. Aselia is a wiki. Even if some people try to fix it, there are always people who, unknowingly or not, write nonsense on it.
Judas: We'll probably have to find some other way to decide the strongest. For example...
Zelos: Like how cute your girlfriend is?

Aurora_HH
10 years ago#5
Thanks for clearing that Princess of Mermaid did not increase exp, I was wondering if I did something wrong!

Well, for combo exp, maybe I'm just too bad at combo, It's not too hard to get between 7.000 & 10.000 exp while doing around 100 hits, but at the time you begin to need around 100.000 to reach the next level, well...

On youtube, I saw videos of Barbatos 2 & 3 already at level 200 with combo exp! Even on unknown the Prototype can't stand more than 100 hits after reaching level 70-80, and you don't get All Divide that easily, or if there's a trick to beat gentlemen on the past timeline I would be glad to know it.

And after all, there were easy way to gain exp before TOD2 (in TOP you can buy it, in TOE it was so easy to combo with Meredy & Keele). Around 60.000 exp for 999 hits I guess, so SP distribution trick and hunt for more of a 100 gentlemen with the slots that increase exp, don't tell me it's easy and fast!

Of course it's worth it for theirs stats to get all characters at the lower level (and quite fun to kick Glacia Laboras or Dantalion at lvl5 also), but not for the time spent that's sure. Like how long to get the amount of grade or slots to make a playthrough like that.

Did tou had the patience to reach lvl.200 with combo exp?

User Info: Kurusu

Kurusu
10 years ago#6
Nope, I never had the patience. Not in ToD2. In ToL I'm not too far away from it (lvl 185 or something), but I spent the whole game on my last playthrough doing 999 hits combos.

For Phantasia to Symphonia, I found it way too time consumming for what it was worth, so I only went as far as getting the titles at level 99/100. Besides, I don't like being too overpowered (makes boss battles with friends completely uninteresting).

Well, recent Tales games make it easy to reach max level, but enemies can still crush you anyway, so that's a bit of a different story.

Anyway, considering how ToD2 can be broken on unknown, I'd wish I'd know if there's some trick to quickly reaching level 200.
Judas: We'll probably have to find some other way to decide the strongest. For example...
Zelos: Like how cute your girlfriend is?

User Info: PeckingBird

PeckingBird
10 years ago#7
You don't really need to be at max lvl 200 just to beat hard mode optional boss.

Aurora_HH
10 years ago#8
For Magna your slots are the most important part, I haven't seen a big difference after I reach around lvl.130, and I was on expX2 meaning Harold wasn't at her best potential (I need Princess of Mermaid to finish his 800.000 hp faster...).
I went further (to lvl.200) for extra grade and a full stock of slots for my next playthrough.

I took combo exp to try to beat Barbatos 2 & 3 on unknown mode, since it's not that fast to grind in the past timeline, and see also how this will change to get Harold at the lowest lvl.
But I've failed on Barbatos 3... This fight is such an headache, even at lvl 80 I couldn't take him out, or maybe I'm just too bad, so if one of you have tips it'll be welcome.
I went for the best to 11.000 hp left, but he's so berserk when he gets down 40.000 hp, even if I try to bother him in the back while casting and canceling he still crush the melee before to counter, it's like the AI knows the trick!

Did anyone know if it's still possible to get a nice grade around Heidelberg when you're back in the present if you're at lvl. 90 or 100 ? At lvl.83 it's only around 3-4 per battle on unknown.

Compare to normal exp, of course it's not that long, just boring to stay for the most part of the game doing level at the same few areas.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Destiny 2
  3. How to level grind to Lv 200
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Where can I find (moon selector)? Side Quest1 Answer
How to do combo with a magic? General2 Answers
Have 2 question? Tech Support1 Answer