• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Destiny 2
  3. Aqua Labyrinth Battles *Please Help*

User Info: HouseParty9

HouseParty9
10 years ago#1
Yo I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to survive the battles in the secret dungeon. They are killing me in the most degrading and unforgiving manner. Actually most of the battles I can deal with, its those stupid lizard guys and their Divine Sabering that keeps trolloling my party. Right now I'm using a party of Kyle, Harold, Reala and Judas while playing as Harold and switch to Kyle when needed. I'm at lv 75 and I'm playing my like what...4th or 5th playthrough of this game on Hard until I decided to tackle the dungeon and changed it to Second mode ( my initial idea was to fight the battles on an easier difficulty level BESIDES easy and normal in order to have a fighting chance while getting some decent grade and exp then switch it back to Hard once I got to a higher level) but ugh those lizard enemies are just kicking my booty especially when they happen to be grouped with other spell caster type enemies.

So anyway how do you guys normally deal with the battles in this dungeon? Any tips?

User Info: Kurusu

Kurusu
10 years ago#2
For the lizardmen, I usually use Kyle's Kuuha Zeppuugeki until I corner them in the right side of the field. If one of them or those little flying devils start casting a spell, target him and use Bakuenken on the closest enemy. The fire wave will hit your target, even if it's on the other side of the field. Ganzai Messaijin can work too if they're not too far from you.

In the meantime, a good old Crazy Comet to trash them works great. Allows for multiple kills at the same time for more grade.

It's not the best place for Grade anyway. Experience may be fine, if you feel like using holy bottles and rushing to the boss several times, but otherwise... you don't get enough exp in this game.
Judas: We'll probably have to find some other way to decide the strongest. For example...
Zelos: Like how cute your girlfriend is?

HouseParty9
10 years ago#3
Thanks for the tips. Yeah I started to figure out using Kyle's Sonic Thrust worked on those lizardguys much more effectively but I didnt know about his Hell Sword being able to hit farther enemies when you target them!

Anyway about Crazy Comet. I manage to get it but I find it really hard to get it to work properly (especially with its long casting time and huge TP reduction) I tried it out on a battle and it doesnt look that powerful to begin with (some of the comets didnt hit the enemies so I was like "well fudge...") I know it gets UBER awesome once you get it's extensions, so when you were talking about using Crazy Comet to kill the enemies do you mean the regular spell or the spell + the extensions?

Kurusu
10 years ago#4
Nope, I meant the spell itself. Of course Twinkle Star would usually end the battle, but you don't need it.

The lizardmen resist all elements (which is dreadful for Grades btw), and Crazy Comet's base damage is already insanely high in itself. If the enemies are cornered on the right side, many comets should hit them and leave them at 1HP (Crazy Comet cannot kill).

Another nice thing to know is that with some timing, you can use Ganzai Messaijin to kill them: you should recover your SP from killing one of the enemies, allowing you to use Shouou Zetsurenshou even if you're not in SBM. Combined with the damage from Crazy Comet, this should allow you to finish the battle, granting you many technical bonuses, hence some well deserved Grades.
Judas: We'll probably have to find some other way to decide the strongest. For example...

HouseParty9
10 years ago#5
Bro, Thank you so much for your help. This will seriously help planning my strategies better during this dungeon. Btw one last question Do you have any strategies for Magnedius? I heard he counters some spells with nasty butt-whooping attacks like Barbatos.

Kurusu
10 years ago#6
Don't ever use Reala and Harold's Resurrection or he'll try to summon Undine to heal himself (this is fun to do once though, just to hear him make fun of you).
Never ever sneak behind him or he'll cast Crazy Comet on you (with extensions depending on his TP and the difficulty). Thus, disable any spell that might throw him in the air and make him land behind you.

Otherwise, he's just like the final boss: you can deplete his SP easily with offensive guards, and you should try to hit him whenever he casts a spell because he can summon afterwards if he has enough TP.

Once he has lost enough HP, he'll go into SBM like crazy, which is the main reason this battle is so damn annoying.

Just do your best otherwise. He's without a doubt one of the most difficult secret bosses in the series. Up to the point he can actually pity you and heal your characters with a Field of Effect around him.

HouseParty9
10 years ago#7
Again Thanks for your help!
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Destiny 2
  3. Aqua Labyrinth Battles *Please Help*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Where can I find (moon selector)? Side Quest1 Answer
How to do combo with a magic? General2 Answers
Have 2 question? Tech Support1 Answer