• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Beyond Good & Evil
  3. Poilers (almost at the end of the game)

User Info: Gatchan

Gatchan
8 years ago#1
Oh my, the broadcasting of the photos from the lunar base and the speech given by the team was the lamest moment of the game!! I was expecting some shivers down my spine after the touching seen with Jade and her dog, but...
Maybe it's because of the French voice acting...

User Info: Gatchan

Gatchan
8 years ago#2
Mmmh... Sorry dudes, I ment Spoilers, not Poilers...
And lol at the petty journalist's reversal move ("Iris, our old respected co-workers" or something along the line) XD

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
8 years ago#3
Gatchan posted...
Oh my, the broadcasting of the photos from the lunar base and the speech given by the team was the lamest moment of the game!! I was expecting some shivers down my spine after the touching seen with Jade and her dog, but...
Maybe it's because of the French voice acting...

Segundo's English voice actor did okay. He never quite sounds serious in any case.

The voice actors for Jade and Pey'j did their best, but it wasn't as strong as I would have liked.

What did work, for me, was that the crowd had slowly changed attitude over the course of the game, as Jade's reports and photos were published. If you listen while visiting the Pedestrian Quarter their attitudes are plain, as is the change in attitude. So the setup was there, the final delivery was a little weak.

Here's the quote you liked so much in your other post.

"The truth has finally been revealed by our trustworthy colleagues from the IRIS Network. The Hilllyan People have joined forces to drive the Alpha Sections out of Hillys. Once again, the honorable journalistic profession was able to show that it had a preponderant role in history."

I liked it so much I wrote it down and put it into the TV Tropes page for BG&E.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BeyondGoodAndEvil

I hope you kept a save on Hillyan so you can get MDisk #13. It's in a locked cabinet in the Akuda bar. You've got to sign up on the official BG&E website, then do some stuff to get the code.

Overall, what did you think of the game?
Jove the Sleep Depraved.
  1. Boards
  2. Beyond Good & Evil
  3. Poilers (almost at the end of the game)
  • Topic Archived