• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Beyond Good & Evil
  3. I think I know what causes the Slaughterhouse glitch (disappearing HH)

User Info: ThatGuy4913

ThatGuy4913
9 years ago#1
After you pass the first grate of the Slaughterhouse, there's a section where Jade alone must activate a switch with a gyrodisk and race back to the hovercraft to get past the second grate. I had HH disappear on me once, and apparently it's a pretty serious glitch since saving will make HH permanently invisible. To avoid it, don't enter the Trolley Room before getting HH past the second grate.

At least that's what I figure, since I played around while HH was invisible and only saw his face in the upper right corner when I was in the Trolley Room. My guess is the game tries to make him follow you, but since you didn't get past the second grate he can't, and when you return the game just forgets to load him and he's gone.

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
9 years ago#2
ThatGuy4913 posted on 8/17/2010 at 10:56 AM "After you pass the first grate of the Slaughterhouse, there's a section where Jade alone must activate a switch with a gyrodisk and race back to the hovercraft to get past the second grate. I had HH disappear on me once, and apparently it's a pretty serious glitch since saving will make HH permanently invisible. To avoid it, don't enter the Trolley Room before getting HH past the second grate. At least that's what I figure, since I played around while HH was invisible and only saw his face in the upper right corner when I was in the Trolley Room. My guess is the game tries to make him follow you, but since you didn't get past the second grate he can't, and when you return the game just forgets to load him and he's gone."

Pretty good explanation. Better than mine, which was that HH tries to follow Jade and somehow falls into the water.

Looks like this is the area for others to test then. "To avoid it, don't enter the Trolley Room before getting HH past the second grate."

Good work. Thanks for posting.
Jove the Sleep Depraved. Primal Wiki: http://primal.wikia.com
  1. Boards
  2. Beyond Good & Evil
  3. I think I know what causes the Slaughterhouse glitch (disappearing HH)
  • Topic Archived