• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Beyond Good & Evil
  3. Stuck at the very beginning.

User Info: beyowulf

beyowulf
9 years ago#1
I've rented this off of Gamefly, and I've got it inserted into my Wii. It goes forward, until it prompts me for English or Espanol, at which point, it sort've freezes. The 'C' stick graphic on screen still moves, but nothing seems to be happening. I can't even go back to the main Wii menu by hitting the 'house' button. I'm using the classic controller. I've got a Gamecube memory card inserted. Any ideas?
"Im no ordinary candy. Im a jawbreaker, the strongest piece of candy there is" - Candy Vegito, DBZ

beyowulf
9 years ago#2
Nevermind. Found out I needed an actual Gamecube controller to play.
"Im no ordinary candy. Im a jawbreaker, the strongest piece of candy there is" - Candy Vegito, DBZ

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
9 years ago#3
Do you have the game working? What do you think of it?
Jove the Sleep Depraved. Primal Wiki: http://primal.wikia.com

beyowulf
9 years ago#4
Working now. I like the stealth missions in the city. Not too good with Francis' game, and Looters Cavern 4 continues to annoy me.

JoveHack
9 years ago#5
beyowulf posted on 8/9/2010 at 12:34 PM "Working now. I like the stealth missions in the city. Not too good with Francis' game, and Looters Cavern 4 continues to annoy me."

Thanks for the update.

I've only beaten Francis once. Never beaten him on the second level. Looter Cavern 4 can wait until you can get free unlimited boost capsules later in the game.

I gave up on Looter #4 for a long time. Just got too frustrated. I guess the point is that those are optional, probably there to add replay value. So don't knock yourself out over them. Save yourself for the trickier required areas.

There are plenty more stealth areas for you to look forward to.

beyowulf
9 years ago#6
SPOILERS

I'm on the moon. I missed out on the space whale. I take it there's no way to go back at this point? Its no biggie, but I got all the other animal pics...so...

END SPOILERS

JoveHack
9 years ago#7
Correct, you've missed the chance at photographing that last animal.

My fault, I should have warned that there's a point of no return. I usually advise keeping a save point in Pey'j's workshop.

For what it's worth, replaying the game generally goes pretty fast, if you want to go for 100% completion.

beyowulf
9 years ago#8
I'm at the final boss, and at the part where he switches your controls. I'm not sure what do when he's above you, and I always manage to get hit. Somehow I got past this when the controls weren't inverted, but now I'm stuck.

beyowulf
9 years ago#9
Ok, finally did it. Didn't realize you needed to press "B" to sidestep. Must've done that sequence 15-20 times before I got it.

JoveHack
9 years ago#10
beyowulf posted on 8/10/2010 at 6:12 PM "I'm at the final boss, and at the part where he switches your controls. I'm not sure what do when he's above you, and I always manage to get hit. Somehow I got past this when the controls weren't inverted, but now I'm stuck."

My first time through I quit before even reaching that point. A year later on replaying I just tried to run away when the controls got inverted. Worked great. Another recommended technique is turning the controller upside down.

beyowulf finished, "Ok, finally did it. Didn't realize you needed to press "B" to sidestep. Must've done that sequence 15-20 times before I got it."

Sidestepping is useful in most of the game's combat. Like dodging the Alpha Section troopers when they swing, then hitting them while they're vulnerable. Get good at dodging and you choose whether to fight or sneak in the stealth sections.

I used dodging, and 20+ K-bups, to win the final fight.

Congrats on winning. The final cutscene is one of my favorites.
  1. Boards
  2. Beyond Good & Evil
  3. Stuck at the very beginning.
  • Topic Archived