Story ending

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: kaze60

kaze60
10 months ago#1
I can't seem to find it anywhere online.

How did this story end? Was there any conclusion?

I saw a post talking about how the war with the Machines and Humans restarted...did it end? Truce again?

So many questions!
?IQ Test?
-->Click Here

User Info: kou urake

kou urake
10 months ago#2
The truce did indeed come to its end - long story. Unfortunately, we never got much in the way of closure. Months before SOE pulled the plug, the game's sole remaining writer - who also did the missions, events, and hand animated the last cinematics - quit. They chose not to hire a replacement, so the story was left in limbo. He did post a summary of what would have happened, however, from his notes. The final fate of things - skipping really convoluted plot threads - would have seen a new arrangement. A new Matrix is created, wherein the human occupants could shape their own reality, cared for by the Machines, rather than enslaved. This would only be for newly grown humans - the old would remain in the previous Matrix. I guess Zion would be again free to free those who chose to take the red pill? Or perhaps there would still be conflict. It's more than a little sketchy. I'll post a text dump of the summary, which goes back to a bit before the Truce was broken, so there's overlap between what was actually ingame and what was planned. I can answer any specific questions you may have.

The last moments of the game's life itself mirrored that of the end of the beta test - all player characters imploded oragami-style (often called the meatwad effect by players), but I think it's safe to say that isn't meant to be canonical.
Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.

User Info: kou urake

kou urake
10 months ago#3
Here you go, archived from the currently down mxosource.com wiki

https://pastebin.com/55RNWhTW
Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived