• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball
  3. Relationship between this and DOA3 in terms of unlockables?

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
9 years ago#1
So, I bought both games at once and the instruction manual for this game said there is a relationship between DOA 3's Survival Mode and DOAX? Is it just the relationship thing or is there more to what DOA 3 affects in this game?

Also, since DOA 3's board is dead, can I unlock the extra outfits in DOA 3 without the Booster Disc? Or am I screwed in that department (since that Booster Disc is in no way obtainable anymore)?
*Claims Elizabeth, Mari Illustrious Makinami, Asuka Langley Shikinami, Maria Traydor, Sakura Kasugano, Katejina Loos, Yukiko Amagi, Road Kamelot, Lili (Tekken)*

User Info: torque800

torque800
9 years ago#2
i think this is the relationship you are refering to: thing is, i'm not sure if it actually works. it is posted right here, with the older topics, but it is archived, so can't write in there anymore.

"The Godhand is actually a connectivity which exists between Dead or Alive Volleyball and Dead or Alive 3.

Start Dead or Alive 3. Erase your player records.

Now set health to Smallest, round to 30 seconds, CPU to very hard.

Pick the girls you need to work with - the suit gifter, and the reciever. Lose Thirty rounds of Tag Battle this way against the first round CPU. You can speed this up by tapping forward to stand up when you are knocked down - the opponent may KO you rather than losing by Time Up.

Overall this will take maybe 10-15 minutes.
When you are done you will have at least 30 games and 100% played for that pair's tag battle. Don't play other pairs.

Load DOA:XBV.
You must cycle to the end of a vacation, or leave a vacation early. Only when you LEAVE Zack Island, will the data from DOA 3 be loaded. If it's your first vacation with that girl, go all the way to the end of day 14 and once the credits end, the DOA 3 data will be loaded.

Once you've done it correctly, you will start vacations with the relationship between you and the other girl 'maxed out'.

Why does this matter? With maxed out relationship, you'll be gifted suits and have no trouble gifting them. This is half the secret.

The other half is the well known law that if a girl discards the same suit three times in a single vacation, and then you play as her and partner from the other side, you will receive the suit as a gift.

Combine the two, to create a totally unrivaled collection."

User Info: torque800

torque800
9 years ago#3
as for the extra costumes, i think the only way to obtain them is through the booster disc. no luck. i don't have it either.

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
9 years ago#4
Ah, that answers that. Thanks!

Perhaps the 100% save file on this site has the costumes? Tme to check Ebay for that Booster Disc!
*Claims Elizabeth, Mari Illustrious Makinami, Asuka Langley Shikinami, Maria Traydor, Sakura Kasugano, Katejina Loos, Yukiko Amagi, Road Kamelot, Lili (Tekken)*
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball
  3. Relationship between this and DOA3 in terms of unlockables?
  • Topic Archived