• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Psychonauts
  3. situations like this make me hate gaming

User Info: dpd_champloo

dpd_champloo
11 years ago#1
i'm at "the neighborhood" portion of the game and the guide tells me i need a plunger to enter the sewers to progress. but the plunger is behind a cobweb. to get behind a cobweb i need the $800 duster. i only have 80 friggin dollars and money doesn't come quick in this game. so all i can do is wander the camp and collect a few arrowheads here or there. also that dousing rod isn't a tremendous help. it just shows you were arrowheads are... i thought that's what the gas was for! the game was super-enjoyable until this point. any suggestions besides "collect more arrowheads"?
gamertag: dalton32389

User Info: EndofEternityxx

EndofEternityxx
11 years ago#2
The dowsing rod shows you the location of deeply buried arrow heads... if you use it right, you can get the 800 no problem. I had 800 before I was even high enough rank to use the cobweb duster. :\
AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.00Ghz | 8gb DDR2 800Mhz RAM | GTX260 192 Core 896MB VRAM
Currently playing Ninja Gaiden 2... it is consuming my life. <_<

User Info: THJ1313

THJ1313
11 years ago#3
Deep arrowheads only show up on the camp grounds. Try checking around the different areas you'll be able to get enough shortly if you keep at it. Yes it's a pain but the best of the game is past this point and I know I had my share of annoyances at this part as well. Just don't let it get to you and keep going.

User Info: dantheengineer

dantheengineer
11 years ago#4
Plus, the deep arrowheads give you like 50 arrowheads each, unlike the 1 you get for the arrowheads that give off gas. I have like 1200 arrowheads and a sold out store (other than fluffs and cores) and I'm just after Milla's Dance Party.....

You do know that you need to tap Y quickly until the meter fills up to pull up deep arrowheads, right?
I used to play Battletoads on a 2" B&W TV w/ no sound & a half broken controller in 10' of snow uphill both ways! You kids don't know what hard is!

User Info: dpd_champloo

dpd_champloo
11 years ago#5
thanks for the help everyone, i didn't know how to use the dousing rod. finding the hidden arrow heads sped things up and now i'm good to move on and finish this hysterical section of the game.
gamertag: dalton32389

User Info: builder111

builder111
11 years ago#6
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww11/builder111/psychonautsdeeparrowheadsmap.jpg
Defense Grid: The Awakening [] Lucidity
-0ld Sch00l like @pple IIc
(message deleted)

EndofEternityxx
11 years ago#8
That's why I got the cobweb duster ASAP. To avoid that kind of s*.
AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.00Ghz | 8gb DDR2 800Mhz RAM | GTX260 192 Core 896MB VRAM

User Info: WarNinja2012

WarNinja2012
11 years ago#9
Hello fellow road crew worker, welcome to the road crew.

EndofEternityxx
11 years ago#10
^fav part of the game >_>
  1. Boards
  2. Psychonauts
  3. situations like this make me hate gaming
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A