• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. What way is the best way to raise stats the most with the least amount of SP?

User Info: VirusChris

VirusChris
3 months ago#1
Playing Dark Cloud 2 again and trying to get the 135/90 stats on the weapons to get their final form, but it's kinda tough with so little gain on stats with each SP used.

I've been using the Weapon+5 trick to increase the stats on all the weapons easily, but I'm not sure which one to use to greatly boost almost all of the stats to be used on another weapon.

I'm currently on Chapter 7 and trying to power-up my weapons. What do you recommend?

I got Monica's Stana Brassard at +5 with 5 points left and have this for its stats:
Attack 150
Durable 70
Flame 135
Chill 20
Lightning 150
Cyclone 44
Smash 143
Exorcism 72
Beast 44
Scvale 46

And I'm trying to level-up Max's gun as well which requires both Flame and Chill to be 135 and I have Flame at 112 so it will be easy to get it to 135. However, Chill is 31 is it's going to take a while.

What weapon is easiest to get to +5 and raise its stats to give like a +40 boosts or something close to it?
"Spirt-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRAKIN SOUL!!!" ~ from my Virakins manga project.
Official Husband of Caster of the Fate/Extra boards | PSN: VirusChris

User Info: lunarknight64

lunarknight64
3 months ago#2
I find that the exact weapon you use to upgrade with isn't too important. Weaker weapons have low element caps, so they're fine for leveling 2 or 3 elements a little bit. Middle class weapons have better caps so they're better for raising a single element but the weapon will take longer to reach +5. Personally when getting weapons to upgrade with I focus more on weapon abilities like wealth and ABS up than the base stats of the weapon.

VirusChris
3 months ago#3
Yes. Getting more ABS gain is a godsend to level up your stronger weapons at the endgame dungeons. I might need to look up what weapons give those abilities. Get the weapon and use it without leveling it? I don't need a +5 to give the ability to the main weapon.

Though I suppose I'll experiment around. I can make Max's Heavy Hammer and have 100 in its Lightning and Chill stats I think? Should help with Monica's bracelet. Making weapons with 100 in their stats could help speed the process up a bit.

Is there a list of the default stats of each weapon? Would help when making key weapons I need to power-up my weapons.
"Spirt-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRAKIN SOUL!!!" ~ from my Virakins manga project.

User Info: phantomzyrus

phantomzyrus
1 month ago#4
Max's weapons: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/561438-dark-cloud-2/map/711-max-weapon-build-up-chart
Monica's weapons: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/561438-dark-cloud-2/map/712-monica-weapon-build-up-chart

The default values are below each weapon.
Please add me on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Zyrus_Smith/

VirusChris
1 month ago#5
@phantomzyrus
Was not expecting a reply to this old topic.

Thank you though.

User Info: phantomzyrus

phantomzyrus
1 month ago#6
I'm one of the few traipsing around this board. If I see any question asked, I answer. It's the least I can do to keep this awesome game alive.
Please add me on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Zyrus_Smith/

VirusChris
1 month ago#7
Yeah. I love Dark Cloud 2! I wish there was a third entry in the series.

Trying to get all Medals in the Final Boss Dungeon. Seeing as you lose access to this place post-game.

User Info: DragonBlood87

DragonBlood87
1 month ago#8
VirusChris posted...
Seeing as you lose access to this place post-game.

Spoilers! /s ;)
Atheism - A non-prophet organization.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits

VirusChris
1 month ago#9
Not really... better to give fair warning then miss all of missable stuff that will help you in the long run.

User Info: DragonBlood87

DragonBlood87
1 month ago#10
VirusChris posted...
Not really... better to give fair warning then miss all of missable stuff that will help you in the long run.
It was a joke, hence the "/s" (generally means "What I just wrote was sarcastic"). It's a 16-ish year old game; I think even blatant spoilers are fair game at this point. :P
Atheism - A non-prophet organization.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. What way is the best way to raise stats the most with the least amount of SP?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers