• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. When to start spectrumizing weapons?

User Info: RPGfreek

RPGfreek
1 year ago#1
I know that raising weapons to +5, synthing crystals onto those weapons, then synthing those weapons onto your main weapon is the most efficient use of synth points on your main weapon.

When should I bother caring about this? I’m done with most of ch2 and I’m starting to get extra weapons that I don’t know what I should do with them. It seems like leveling non-main weapons would be too grindy at this point because I don’t get that much ABS per kill. But I also feel like the longer I wait to start doing this, the more behind I’ll be in getting maxed out weapons.

User Info: wpot

wpot
1 year ago#2
Don't mess with it yet. The short answer would be: don't do it until you can level up the 'other' weapon quickly enough that the grindy-ness is minimized. The second half of Chapter 3, maybe. (Which is around the same point where more noteworthy weapon boosts would be useful) Start with the lower level weapons in your inventory and they'll level up quickly.

....but there's no wrong answer, really: if the ABS don't go on 'other' weapons then they end up on your main weapon, which is also useful in the long run. Don't worry about 'falling behind'.

Try not to get so obsessed with it that you're switching between Max and Monica after every single kill for an extended period, though...that kills some of the enjoyment of the game.
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.

User Info: poplo909

poplo909
1 year ago#3
I'd agree with wpot, especially because until late chapter 3 you don't have any guaranteed way to get all of the crystals, and even then It's very expensive for the amount monsters drop.

My first run of the game over a decade ago I didn't pay attention and didn't know how spectrumizing weapons worked and it took until late chapter 5 or 6 for my large need of synth points to catch up to me. You have time, so don't worry too much.
PSN and steam- or4ca1nus3

User Info: DragonBlood87

DragonBlood87
1 year ago#4
Also, keep in mind that BY FAR the easiest and fastest method of leveling the to-be-spectrumized weapons up is to abuse experience mechanics in one of two ways:

Version A: Use a powerful weapon for the same character that goes in the same hand to kill a monster that drops a lot of experience. Before the experience orbs get picked up, open your inventory and switch to the weapon you want to level up, which will cause it to gain the experience.

Version B: Use the other character (or the Ridepod) to kill monsters, and swap characters before the experience gets picked up. Note that this will split the experience evenly between both equipped weapons (i.e., half goes to the right-hand weapon, half goes to the left-hand weapon).

Personally, I find Version B to be more useful, since you can swap character with a single button press while swapping equipped weapons requires menu navigation.
Atheism - A non-prophet organization.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits

User Info: RPGfreek

RPGfreek
1 year ago#5
I wish we could set weapons in the active item slots for easy switching.

User Info: wpot

wpot
1 year ago#6
Yes....or they went with a different mechanic altogether. If they just made it so that both equipped weapons gained ABS (or made it more efficient to level up with "normal" synth items) they could have done away with the otherwise annoying switching.
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. When to start spectrumizing weapons?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers