• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. The Quest for the Platinum Trophy

User Info: Champeon

Champeon
2 years ago#1
I'm well on my way to getting the Platinum Trophy, and I'm pretty excited. I'm still in chapter 7 but I've recently been working on clearing up all the trophies and medals I can get before chapter 8.

I was really worried about catching a baron garayon at first. Funny how after so many years of playing this game on PS2, I had never actually recruited Olivie before, lol. However I knew I finally had to bother doing finny frenzy since beating the Master Class is a trophy for PS4. I started feeding fish around chapter 4. I would have done it sooner but I wasn't dead set on going for the Platinum trophy when I started playing. Anyway, I randomly tried to catch a Baron when I noticed it was the correct time twice. The first time I had no idea what I was doing wrong with the Lure Rod, and I just gave up. However the 2nd time I got the bite really early and it sort of startled me, haha. I was so surprised because I was expecting it to be really hard to get one to bite. The danger meter went up stupidly fast, and it didn't even go down all the way. In fact as I got closer the minimum the bar would get to actually rose! I didn't know this could happen with fishing, pretty interesting.

I recently decided to knock out all the fishing medals as well. Some of them took over an hour but other than that it wasn't that frustrating. I used the lure rod a few times with success, but most of the time I couldn't get any bites at all, so for the most part I stuck with the bait rod and I got each medal eventually. I also got my fish to 100 in boost, stamina, and endurance to win the finny frenzy master class while I was knocking out the fishing medals.

I dedicated about a day or maybe 2 to grinding a gemron to level 51 so I could complete all of the Monster Transformation Wipeout Medals, but I still need to level it to 76 (I think) to get it to its final form for that trophy. I'm not gonna do that until chapter 8 where I can get more ABS per run through.

I've also gotten a LEGEND and Supernova for the LEGENDary trophy. I have a Five Star Armlet for A Royal Arsenal. My Griffon Fork is ready to be built up into an Island King, but I'm waiting to do that because I like the speed of the Griffon Fork.

Currently I'm working on getting all Medals before Chapter 8 before I beat the game. I have all the fishing medals, all the item medals, and of the Monster Wipeout medals so far. I've done all medals in Chapter 1-3 (including star paths), and I'm currently working on cleaning up the rest of the Medals in Chapter 4 and the star path, since I've done most of them already. Spheda has been treating me well for the most part, I have all of the Spheda medals for Chapters 1-3 including star paths and Chapter 7. All the time medals are easy so far (though I did have to try again once on one in Chapter 1). The only thing that worries me a bit is Spheda in Chapter 5 but it shouldn't be too bad.

Once I'm done getting the medals I'll probably beat the game and do them for Chapter 8. I have all of the ideas up to the point (I missed dead tree, king mardan, coal, and blackstone one, but I just did a quick speed run for those chapter 2 photos and have a file saved for the dead tree, but I dont think any inventions need the dead tree). So I got the Photography level 8 trophy. I could invent everything but a few things but Im waiting until Chapter 8 so I can just invent all of the stuff Im missing at once for the trophy for inventing things.

All in all, the medal grinding, everything to do with fishing, and ideas were/are the only things giving me some trouble. I got most every other trophy already, like recruiting all party members and getting 100 percent in all georama.

This will be my 2nd Platinum Trophy, my first one being Final Fantasy X HD, and honestly I probably won't get any other trophies.

I'll probably be posting updates until I get it if anyone cares lol.

PS: Shoutouts to Darth Mom for tips on the Item Only Medals!
3DS Friend Code: 5386 9869 6849 - TFLUX
Mirrors are something sweet...

User Info: Darth Mom

Darth Mom
2 years ago#2
@Champeon
I saw that! Thanks!
"...even if your grades are bad, it doesn't mean you're failing..." Amanda Palmer
3DS FC: 0516-7414-5138

User Info: GooberSD

GooberSD
2 years ago#3
You're a better gamer than me. I got most of the trophies in the game, but I kind of gave up in chapter 7. I got sick of the spheda haha

User Info: DragonBlood87

DragonBlood87
2 years ago#4
Having only ever played this on the PS2, I'm not familiar with the platinum requirements. Does it requires all medals in the game? If so, I'd have gotten sick of the monster transformation ones partway through the first such medal. :)
Atheism - A non-prophet organization.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits

User Info: Champeon

Champeon
2 years ago#5
GooberSD posted...
You're a better gamer than me. I got most of the trophies in the game, but I kind of gave up in chapter 7. I got sick of the spheda haha

Fortunately Im at least decent at spheda so I was able to clear out most of them as I went through the floors normally. Cleaning up the rest of the spheda medals wasn't too bad for me.

DragonBlood87 posted...
Having only ever played this on the PS2, I'm not familiar with the platinum requirements. Does it requires all medals in the game? If so, I'd have gotten sick of the monster transformation ones partway through the first such medal. :)

Yeah you have to get every single Medal in the game. However its best to wait until Chapter 7 and then grind up a monster to level 51. Its tedious but it wasnt that bad. I used the Gemron which is very useful because you can stun lock enemies with a long range attack.

I got the Platinum Trophy about a week or two ago. I think I have around 120 hours on that file.
3DS Friend Code: 5386 9869 6849 - TFLUX
Mirrors are something sweet...

User Info: BetaSquadron

BetaSquadron
2 years ago#6
If you want some inspiration, this guy did platinum trophy in one sitting.

https://www.twitch.tv/closetowar/videos/all
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. The Quest for the Platinum Trophy
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers