• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
  3. Requesting Character Help

User Info: FinalLegendZero

FinalLegendZero
11 months ago#1
I've decided to return to this game after over a decade of being out of the series. Back when I played before, I just stuck with assigning djinn to characters of matching elements, and my gear selection was... well, it was total crap. This time I want to put a bit of actual effort in making my characters.

After much tinkering, I've come up with the following tentative classes:
Jenna - Necromage
Isaac - Master
Felix - Paladin
Sheba - Pure Mage
Mia - Pure Mage
Garet - Paladin
Piers - Beast Lord
Ivan - Guru

For gear, I intend to give the standard unleash loadout (Mythril Helm, Mythril Clothes/Valkyrie Mail, Riot Gloves, Hyper Boots) to Isaac, Felix, and Garet, and PP-restoring and Mercury-boosting gear to Mia and Sheba. I'm not sure how to equip the rest of the party.

Are there any fatal flaws with this lineup? From what I can tell, the weakest link is Guru Ivan, but that doesn't seem like the worst possible choice.

Assuming this lineup is workable, I have a few other questions:
-Who should use the Sol Blade and Valkyrie Mail, Isaac or Felix? Should I just go with whoever has the higher attack stat? Is Isaac's higher Wind power enough reason to give him the Excalibur instead and just default to Felix for the Sol Blade?
-For Jenna, is it worth giving her a Berserker Band and Riot Gloves to maximize her Call Dullahan, or should I go all in on boosting her Mars power for Dire Inferno?
-For Piers, would it be better to max out his unleash potential, or should I go for a max Attack build and spam Ghost Soldier with him? If the former, should he get an Excalibur or a Tisiphone Edge?
-For Ivan, should I use gear to boost his Jupiter power, Mars power, or split between it (probably via Feathered Robe and Big Bang Gloves)?
-About stat-boosting items. I intend to make a Hard mode run, so I can't use multiple runs to just max out everyone. I'm currently planning on giving the Lucky Peppers to Sheba to get her towards 40 Luck (and giving Mia the Iris Robe for the same purpose), Mints to Mia to help her outspeed enemies with her healing, and Power Bread and Hard Nuts to whoever's lowest on their respective stats. Is this the way to go? Also, I don't know what to do with my Apples. Should I give them all to my Sol Blade wielder, divide them between both Felix and Isaac, or try to get Garet and Piers caught up?

User Info: JDM_Jev

JDM_Jev
11 months ago#2
I vote for burning Piers always since he’s basically just water Garet but stuck with mage style classes none of which have good HP or attack/defense (meanwhile his poor agility and PP persist even in these classes). You can take enough Djinn from Piers to make Ivan a Ninja, though his Earth power could be 15 higher if you used 6 Earth instead of 6 Fire which obviously helps the Tisiphone Edge the most. If you transfer a Cleric’s Ring you can make another almost guaranteed critical setup with a demon circlet/riot gloves/mythril clothes/hyper boots.
And the bears what was left were cloaked in acid washed denim, and stately stones of rhine.

User Info: FinalLegendZero

FinalLegendZero
11 months ago#3
But why make Ivan a Ninja? Doesn't he have the worst base Attack stat in the game? Beast Lord gets the same multiplier to Attack as a Ninja, while Piers has the better base Attack stat. Ruining him to put Ivan in a class he's completely unsuited to seems like a step backwards.

User Info: JDM_Jev

JDM_Jev
11 months ago#4
Piers has barely more attack than base Jenna, hardly a heavy hitter. She demolishes him in damage output because she has access to Warrior classes. As a Beast Lord his support Psynergies are all terrible since Manticore will generally only heal 250 unless you load him with Big Bang gloves or something which acts against making use of his attack stat, and he is still exceptionally slow.

I like Ivan as a Ninja since the Tisiphone Edge gets a nice buff since it has like a 200+ damage Venus attack tossed out with a 3x multiplier so the difference is good. Plus you can load him with some burner Djinn to quickly change class and have access to all 3 buffing Psynergy. You are basically not going to have 8 good classes no matter what you do because Piers always sucks so you should lean in and just let him hold whatever is leftover from giving the others access to the highest tier classes. Ivan as a fast decently hard hitter with access to buffing Psynergy if need be is much better than Beastlord Piers who besides slowly dropping cheap revives with Phoenix does nothing better.
And the bears what was left were cloaked in acid washed denim, and stately stones of rhine.
  1. Boards
  2. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
  3. Requesting Character Help
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A