• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
  3. How much am I spoiled? (Spoilers)

User Info: MattJN

MattJN
1 year ago#1
I just finished the first dungeon of TLA after completing GS1 and doing the data transfer. I was so disappointed I have to play as Felix who I despise that I searched the forum for GS1 and learned that you actually have to light the lighthouses to prevent something from falling down and only the Mars clan and Lemurians knew this, though it's good to know GS1 crew will eventually join near the end of the game and the game messed up your Djinn setup after the transfer. I was wondering why Issac is only a squire and missing some spells he should have. Am I completely spoiled for this game?

Funny that the topic creator of that post complain about Issac and co. being bad guys when I thought the Felix group is the bad guys. I still think Saturos and Menardi are evil. They are the cause of the storm and falling rocks at the beginning of GS1 that killed a lot of people in Vale, not to mention the atrocities they committed near the end of it. And I still wish I could continue the story with GS1 characters. It makes more sense for Issac's group to be shipwrecked on the Indra continent than for a moving island to bump into it and characters in a lot of games normally level up to the 60's and 70's at the end of them.

User Info: taervek

taervek
1 year ago#2
You actually didn't record the actual plot, so spoiler isn't needed there until it's accurate.

Yes, you have to reorganize the Djinn after getting the old crew back.

I don't really see Saturos and Menardi as EVIL, once their motivation becomes clear. However, they definitely could've pursued their goals differently. The only person I actually see as a villain is Alex.

I mean, Isaac and Co are trying to protect the world, Felix and Co start off wanting to protect their parents, and later want to save the world from... well, essentially starvation. The world is shrinking, and needs the lighthouses lit in order to survive. even Saturos and Menardi onlywant to protect their home and clan. They just choose to do so through questionable methods. Also, that storm you mentioned? If you paid attention at the start of the first game, that was because they failed in Sol Sanctum, not from a nefarious act.

Oh, and by the end of the second game, I prefer having a team of Felix, Jenna, Ivan, and Piers, if I want to keep to one per element. Otherwise, I'll switch Piers out for Isaac.
No pixels were harmed in the creation of this message. Thousands of electrons, though, were horribly inconvenienced.

User Info: MattJN

MattJN
1 year ago#3
Good to know I got the plot wrong. So I wasn’t really spoiled.

Like I said, they are the cause of the storm. I think they mentioned a switch in Sol Sanctum. And what’s about all that secrecy? They immediately attacked Issac and Garet when they thought they overheard them. Shouldn’t they try to get help from the local community? They behave in the way expected of villains throughout GS1. Ends don’t justify means. However, I only started TLA. Maybe my opinion will change a bit after seeing all the plot.

So Jenna is better than Garet. Poor Garet. He is very slow. I like his sprite in battle though.

User Info: taervek

taervek
1 year ago#4
MattJN posted...
And what’s about all that secrecy? They immediately attacked Issac and Garet when they thought they overheard them. Shouldn’t they try to get help from the local community?
When you get to Prox, conversations reveal that a group was sent to talk to Vale, first. It didn't work, and Saturos and Menardi tried to break in after talks failed. My read on their actions toward Isaac and Garet at the beginning of the first game is that they didn't want Vale to know that this was a failed attempt to break into Sol Sanctum, or they would step up their security. Let's not forget, they didn't actually kill anyone in Vale. Isaac and Garet were the only two that they attacked. In fact, they saved Felix and the parents and took them back to Prox.

MattJN posted...
They behave in the way expected of villains throughout GS1. Ends don’t justify means. However, I only started TLA. Maybe my opinion will change a bit after seeing all the plot.
Can't say what your opinion of them will be, but mine didn't change a lot. They had noble motives, but their methods were questionable, at BEST. It may be important to note, however, that as far as I can recall, they never actually killed anyone. The most morally suspect decision that I can think of was kidnapping Sheba, but they NEEDED a Jupiter adept. What would you be willing to do, if the fate of the world rested on your shoulders?

MattJN posted...
So Jenna is better than Garet. Poor Garet. He is very slow. I like his sprite in battle though.
As I said, I like Jenna better, but different playstyles play differently. Garet can equip stronger weapons and armor, but Jenna is faster and has stronger psynergy abilities, including being able to heal the entire party. She can equip the same stuff that Ivan can, so she can still use light swords, just not axes or heavier swords, like Isaac/Felix, Garet, or Piers. My favorite weapon for her is a Tisiphone Edge, if you can get one. (Rare drop from a late-game enemy in TLA.) I have Isaac/Felix like that because they are the same element, same classes, same equippable items. The only differences are graphical and that Felix gets the Sand psynergy. Garet and Piers have the same equipment set, but opposing elements. Ivan and Jenna have the same equipment sets, and Mia and Sheba have the same equipment sets. I could be mistaken, but I think the Sol Blade is the only weapon Isaac/Felix can equip that no one else can.
No pixels were harmed in the creation of this message. Thousands of electrons, though, were horribly inconvenienced.
  1. Boards
  2. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
  3. How much am I spoiled? (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A