• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
  3. Best Items for Trial Road Duplication ?

User Info: AlekTrev006

AlekTrev006
1 year ago#1
So - I'm playing through this gem of an RPG again, after a few years away, and was trying to remember what was "good" to actually dupe at Trial Road (if anything) ?

I am playing on Hard Mode this time, and greatly enjoy the fact that enemies can actually hurt me much more (makes getting the great end-game armors and weaponry feel more...useful, as you aren't wiping stuff out as fast normally, etc). So, doing a few duplications of rarer items is not a big issue for me (in other words, it won't cripple the challenge or anything).

All that said, what are considered ideal items / weapons etc - that one would reasonably be able to have at that point in the game (Pre-Jupiter Lighthouse), to duplicate ?

My general thoughts / recollections were that it worked for Waters of Life, Lucky Medals, Crowns of Glory, Hestia Blades, etc - but can't recall the full limit of things that can actually be duped by dropping them while in the Trial Road dungeon ? Hyper Boots ? Game Tickets ? Psy Crystals ?

Thx to any who can render some insights on this :-)

User Info: TidalDream

TidalDream
1 year ago#2
i forget if you can dupe the class changing items off hand, but those would be good candidates
So you're going all out. You're betting everything in one strike.
What courage. What a bold decision. I like that, but it is a foolish mistake against me.

User Info: AlekTrev006

AlekTrev006
1 year ago#3
Yeah, you know - you CAN actually, and I just forgot to on this run. Ah well... it's not like I make frequent use of them, other than maybe Necromage (for Call Dulahan, in the end-game).

* confirmed you can dupe essentially all the stuff up to that point in the game (sadly no access to the higher grade Forging items like Mithril or such, before then), but Golden Ring (great candidate), Golden Boots (ditto), and any Crowns of Glory, Erebus Armors, or the like, (from the Fountain in Lemuria) are viable candidates.

The nice thing about this, is that it negates any "concerns" one might have to need to be really lucky in Lemuria, or with the Game Tickets in Contigo, etc. All you really need is ONE of any given item you are interested in (Hestia Blade, Hyper Boots, etc) - then just drop them 4-8 times on the Trial Road, and you save yourself literal 'time' in having to play those Minigames again and again (saving and resetting perhaps, if you lose too many times without your desired item reward).

When you look at it this way, you aren't (IMHO) even really 'cheating' the game, as you could play those mini-games "over and over" and win the items normally - (other than if you use it on items you normally would only ever have 1-of, like G-Boots, G-Ring, or the unique Class Change Items).

User Info: Doom_Infinite

Doom_Infinite
1 year ago#4
Definitely the Golden Ring (arguably best ring in the game), Mythril shirt (best shirt other than the golden one which you can only get one of), and Crowns of Glory (should hold you up till the last dungeon), lots of Hyper Boots (arguably best boots for Felix, Isaac, and any attacker) and a few Golden Boots for healers. Might also be worth getting a few spare forging materials.

Personally I see no use of having spares of the class changing items as it's never really optimal to have more than one of each of those imo.
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
  1. Boards
  2. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
  3. Best Items for Trial Road Duplication ?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A